《34》

first day back // australia

the whole morning felt so off. everyday has been the same routine for the past years but without felix there to annoy them all at 7am or the cheery ava, it didn't feel right.

when mina got back to australia she had immediately gone to avas. both girls had talked it over and done the normal things to help ava feel at least a bit better.

they recieved some confused looks once the two girls walked into the school gates with gloomy faces. olivia quickly separated from them to search for her friends.

for the past 3 years, they had been loud and annoying. definitely not the thing you'd want to hear so early in the morning.

another reason, felix wasn't there. avas eyes remained slightly swollen and puffy from crying. concealer couldnt cover enough.

mina lazily walked towards jieun, dragging the unmotivated ava behind her.

"hey av hey mina" jieun said trying not to sound too cheery but at the same time not too sympathetic because she didn't want ava to think she was pitying her.

"morning" ava mumbled.

"hey mina, i don't mean to be nosy but where's lix ? although we kinda complained, it seems almost... empty without him as everyones alarm." one of their classmates, daisy, had approached them.

ava then groaned and finally stood up straight. tucking the loose strands of hair behind her ear and taking a deep breath.

"your "alarm" moved, now if you'll excuse me i'd like something to eat" she had lifted her hands up to make quotations around the word "alarm" before walking down the hall towards the vending machines.

"o-oh im sorry for asking" daisy quickly rushed off leaving mina and jieun to sigh. the two girls just grabbed their stuff for homeroom and made their way there.

completely unmotivated.

time skip - lunch

the four girls and chenle were seated at underneath the shade of a large tree in their courtyard.

after they had explained it to chenle, he agreed not to say anything about it and simply just help ava get over it.

they were conversing about what they had down for christmas and new years when they heard a group of people gossiping near them.

"did you hear about ava ?"
"what do you mean ?"
"apparently her and felix broke up."
"what ?! they were made for each other."
"i don't know why either. i think i just lost hope in getting a boyfriend."
"i hope she's doing okay."

ava rolled her eyes upon hearing this. she stood up and marched towards the girls. standing her ground and crossing her arms over her chest.

"yeah yeah, the rumours are true lix- felix and i broke up. next time you want to talk about me, make if quieter" the two girls were left shocked and looking down at their feet.

ava grumpily walked back to the group and lay on the grass just staring at the sky above her.

not too long after the other four decided to join her and just enjoy the weather and scenery around them. pointing out the shapes of the clouds they see.

"im telling you that's a monkey throwing an apple at a bunny rabbit" chenle pointed at the large fluffy cloud directly above them.

"chenle i love you, but that is clearly sheep's playing poker" naruko argued with her boyfriend.

"i see a blob" mina muttered while squinting, trying to figure out what she could make out of the clouds.

"i see,,, 2 people embracing each other and- nevermind" sighing, ava tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and closed her eyes.

"nap time ?" jieun said when she noticed avas closed eyes.

"sounds like a good idea" chenle yawned, pulling naruko closer to him.

their peace and quiet was interrupted by a ringtone.

"mina im going to throw your phone for disrupting my calm time." ava spat. if theres anything you need to know, you don't want to interrupt her when she's relaxing. adding the recent breakup overtop was not very helpful.

mina sighed and checked the messages on her phone, rolling her eyes when she read felix's contact. she had scoffed when she saw he was asking how ava was.

bitchass dog

hey
how's ava been doing ?

oh look the rat
she's perfectly fine

mina please stop being mad with me it's boring without you nagging me :(

hmm
no.

how's min ?

sigh
he's good
better claim him bcos all the girls are drooling over him

it's me
im the girls drooling
jkjk...
okay tell him i love him
i have to get to class

yeah yeah whatever

sliding her phone back into her pocket, mina followed the rest of her friends back into their school building. making their way to their lockers to get ready for their next class.

my dayyy >:( <3

i love you too doofus

i'll call you after school dumbass >///<

with her mood boosted, mina happily made her way towards her next class. almost skipping beside chenle.

"lovestruck are we" chenle commented while looking at the wide smile plastered across minas face.

"shut it zhong before i break your nose"

how have you all been 🥺

i hope you're staying safe out there !! corona still exists so don't forget to wear your masks and social distance !!

i love you all <3