ten

"Gulf, you're awake." Gulf fluttered his eyes open as he heard Mew's voice, he automatically smiled as he saw the other smiling as well. "What time is it? Maybe your busy, you can go to work."

"I'll go later, I want to stay a little longer with you." Mew said as he wrapped his arms around the tired Gulf's waist, he leaned his chin on his shoulder as he smelled the addicting smell of Gulf's shirt. "Awww so sweet." Gulf chuckled as he snuggled closer to Mew, feeling their presence to each other. Gulf tried his best to hide his wounds in the wrist, and he succeeded. "You hungry Mew?" Gulf asked, Mew remained silent for a minute and looked at Gulf again. "Yeah, kinda."

"Okay, I'll cook for you." Gulf got up, then Mew followed. They were silent, but not awkward, they're just comfortable at their presence. Gulf was cooking while Mew was busy with his phone, but still thinking about how cute Gulf is. Gulf, on the other hand was thinking about his mother, like how is she? Is she okay? Since she didn't called him.

"Gulf are you okay? You're spacing out." Gulf got back to his senses, looking at Mew, both eyebrows were raised, telling that he wants to know why the other called. "Yeah?" His eyes then went to his phone to see if there were some notifications coming from his mom, but still, there's none. "What's bothering you Gulf?" Gulf shook his head, giving Mew a reassuring smile. "Nothing, I'm fine Mew." He was thinking that Mew will ask him one more time

But he didn't.

Does he really care?

Gulf just shrugged those thoughts off and focused on the food he's cooking, his mind was filled with worry about his mom again, he usually call him during his break, but now, it feels new. "Mew, are you sure that you're not busy? What if you'll have an urgent meeting?" Gulf looked at Mew again, and Mew did the same thing. "Nah, I'll stay here a little longer, I'll leave at 4 if that's okay with you." Gulf smiled, finally he's not alone for the meantime. "I'm totally fine with it." Then the house went silent again.

🎶Time skips brought you by Bad Alive by WayV🎶

It's already 4 pm and Mew finally went to his company for some urgent meetings as expected, Gulf was left alone in his house, alone and kinda lonely. He was silent, until the call he have been waiting came, a call from his mom. He happily answered the call, but the voice he heard was from someone he didn't expect.

"Gulf..."

It was from his aunt.

"Hello, auntie. Why did you called? Using my mom's number? Are you at the house? Or is mom at yours?"

"Can you come home? At least right now?"

Gulf was confused, it was the first time his aunt was calling him and, she's telling him to come home. "Why? Did something happened?"

"Just come home."

"Auntie, y-you know I can't go back until holidays--"

"You're mother is sick here you idiot!"

Gulf went speechless, it was the second time his aunt called him an idiot, the first one was the time when he was a highschool student, and the second one, obviously right now. "W-Why? What happened?"

"I don't know, she suddenly became very ill.... Now come home Gulf."

"Auntie, I have no choice, I have to stay here.... Just tell mom that I'll come home soon."

Gulf heard his aunt sigh, and mumble some words which will make his world stop and fall, again.

"You didn't even contributed something BIG to your family."

Gulf then ended the call, wearing the same depressing expression. Those painful thorns were stabbing his heart again, making him kneel down while letting his tears fall from his eyes.

I thought I did a great job...

I thought I made them proud....

They never told me that I am a failure, but they made me feel that I am...

I did my very best, I fought those sadness from childhood until now, but I still feel useless to you...

Gulf remained on the floor, no one knew that he was too sensitive to things like this, but he tried to hide it from everyone, like he's a strong man.

But we all know that hiding heavy emotions are unhealthy right?

"Are my efforts not enough?" That's all Gulf could say, and then he fell asleep because of his never ending crying.

His phone suddenly rang, and Mew's name appeared on the screen, he quickly answered it, maybe tell him how heavy his sadness is right now. But as he answered it, he heard Mew... sobbing. "Mew?"

"G-Gulf..."

Gulf hurriedly stopped his crying, Mew needs him.

Even if he needs Mew too.

"Why? What happened? Tell me please." Gulf controlled his voice, one wrong move and Mew will notice that he's crying too.

"C-Can I die? Like right now?"

"What!? No Mew! Just tell me what happened!"

"I did my best, b-but my parents still...told me that I am a f-failure."

Gulf went speechless, he listened to his cry, while he was stopping himself from doing it. "You can't come here because of your schedule right?"

"I-I can't..."

Gulf sighed, he doesn't know what to say, because he himself needs words too. "Don't do anything bad, my Mew, think of me, think of my feelings. That what if you'll let go or whatever."

"Thank you Gulf, thank you so much. I love you."

"I love you too Mew." Then Mew ended the call, it made Gulf continue to cry, he's emotionally weak, and drained.

A few sobs later, he received a call again, but this time the number was unknown.

"H-Hello?"

"Mild, dude I'm going to give your hoodie back tomorrow."

The voice was kinda relaxing, he felt comforted. "I-I'm sorry I think you dialed a wrong number."

"O-Oh yeah, I'm sorry... Wait are you crying?"

Gulf remained silent, he heard his soft sobs. "Yeah, but I'm okay. It's so embarrassing, a stranger heard me crying." Gulf chuckled, the man on the other line chuckled as well.

"I'm not good at giving advices but I'm a great listener and a friend. My name's Kaownah by the way, what's yours?"

"I-I'm Gulf..."

"Well, hi Gulf. If you want to share your problems then feel free to call me everytime okay?"

"Thanks Kaownah." Then Gulf ended the call, he smiled and wiped his tears away.

Wow, he made a new friend.