fifteen

Gulf was now waiting at the bus stop...

It's been hours, yet Mew didn't even called him at least once.

"Maybe I said something last night that triggered him." Tiny bits of guilt entered Gulf's mind. But on his side, Mew has said so many insensitive words towards him. "I'll just go to Kaownah first, I promised him." He then stared at the bus slowly making a stop in front of him. As he made his way inside the bus, his phone made a short noise with Mew's name written on the screen.

Mew😘

I'll go to your place tonight! I'm free today finally! Love you~

8:24 am

Gulf felt nothing. Not entirely nothing but because of what he said last night, he felt nothing but pain.

Gulf😘

Okay

8:25 am

He then locked his phone, not expecting any replies from Mew. But surprise, he received a quick reply.

Mew😘

Do you want me to buy you anything? Like any snacks or something?

8:25 am

Gulf😘

No, I'm fine.

8:25 am

He locked his phone once again, waiting for the bus to stop at his destination. Luckily, Mew didn't tried to test his patience today.

The view seemed to calm him down, the green leaves of the trees dancing along with the wind, the tall buildings made him forget about his sadness, they made him forget the emptiness in his heart due to his mother's death.

At least those things made him happy for now.

Confusion was drawn in his face when he noticed that the bus stopped, they're still way too far from the next bus stop. "Looks like the tires got flat." The driver said. Gulf can hear the whines and complains of the other people inside the bus, but he just stayed silent, what else can he do about it?

"I really should text Kaownah..." Gulf sighed. But to his surprise, he suddenly received a message from the man he was about to text.

Kaownah

I'm sorry Gulf, but can we move our talk tomorrow? Something unexpected just happened.

8:26 am

A sigh escaped from Gulf's mouth, he's fine with it since the bus might be fixed in a few minutes.

Gulf

It's okay, the bus might also
take their time :D

8:26 am

"Alright! The bus's okay!" He heard the driver as he stretched his whole body, the passengers then cheered at him. He went back to his seat, not knowing what to do when he arrives at his destination. "Maybe I should distract myself for a day..." The waves of pain due to his mother's loss are still haunting him, hurting him in the worst ways. That was the thing he least expected, and he can't do anything but to accept it. He then closed his eyes to take a short nap, attempting to forget all the heavy feelings that were bothering him.

Wait, why am I even here when I can just walk to my destination?

--

He quietly walked around the grocery store to buy some needs and to distract himself, which was quite successful.

He then decided to visit the park to loosen his mind, his day has been really heavy and he deserves at least a short rest. He met a lot of people, pet a lot of dogs, and greeted many children. That was more than enough for him to make his day brighter. He stayed there for a few hours before he stood up and walked on his way home. The road was peaceful, no homophobic people unlike the other days, he was relieved.

Gulf had to admit, he did miss Mew. No matter how big his anger is, he still couldn't stay angry and upset at him for long.

I wonder what Mew's doing right now...

His thoughts were filled with random things, but was shooed away when he bumped into someone. "I'm so sorry! I'm so--" Gulf's apologetic expression was replaced into a relieved and happy one. "The world is really small."

"It is indeed. I didn't expect to see you here, Kaownah." Gulf replied. Both of them aren't in a hurry so they can take their time talking to each other. "I'm so sorry for cancelling our meet up earlier." Kaownah awkwardly scratched his head, making Gulf chuckle on how unintentionally funny he is. "It's fine, I understand that it's important so maybe we'll talk about it next time..." Gulf stopped for a second, then looked back at Kaownah again to add up some words. "Or maybe we can talk about it right now, if you're not in a hurry."

"Yeah sure! Just let me take a few breaths..." Gulf was confused by Kaownah's sudden change of actions. "So um..." Kaownah was nervously playing with his fingers, he nervously bit his bottom lip as well as he avoided Gulf's gaze. "Wait! We shouldn't talk this out in the middle of the road. We're blocking the way." Gulf let out a soft laugh as he gently dragged Kaownah out of the road, he can tell that a relieved sigh escaped from his mouth. They entered a small cafe for them to talk some things out. Kaownah played with his fingers again as he stared at Gulf at the counter, ordering their drinks and foods. "O-Oh... You're here."

"Hm, now what do you want to talk about?" Gulf asked as he took a seat in front of Kaownah, drops of sweat slowly became visible on Kaownah's forehead, Gulf isn't dumb to not notice that. "Did I do something wrong? Is there something I should apologize for?" Gulf became as nervous as Kaownah, he began overthinking just by watching the man nervously avoiding his eye contact. "No, you did nothing wrong..." Gulf sighed in relief when he heard those words from Kaownah. "Then what is it?"

"Well... I know this is so sudden but... I like you, Gulf." Kaownah just made the entire world stop, those words made Gulf completely speechless. "I-I'm sorry, what?"

"I know it's too soon but, my feelings... They're real. I like you Gulf. Like, you bring me light and joy..." Kaownah suddenly reached for Gulf's hand, giving him a sincere look. His sudden confession made Gulf lose all of his words, tears are starting to form in his eyes as he stared longer at him. "Gulf, I will make you happy. I promise."

Mew, on the other side of the window stared at his lover and the guy he had never met before. It made his heart shatter into tiny pieces, tears are also threatening to fall from his eyes. "N-No! I deserve this, I've been so careless to him and I deserve this pain..." Mew aggressively blinked to block his tears, but some are too stubborn to be blocked at. "This must be a punishment from God." He let out a bitter laugh.

He had no other choice but to turn back around and give people his forced smile again.