Days 153 - 159

153. Shaping Up

	Love is infinite

Love is infinite

Love is blind

Love is addicting

Love leaves no one behind

154. Twenty-One

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

Pop.

I shot up and opened my eyes to rainbow confetti showering me and my grey comforter. Nala and Moira stood on opposite ends of my bed waving noise makers and holding lanterns.

"Happy Birthday Devlin!"

"How's it feel to be 21?"

I clamped my hands over my ears. "Exhausting."

They laughed. Mom popped her head in the door and flicked the light on.

"Girls, please. Let your brother sleep, it's 3 in the morning!"

The twins went into a fit of laughter, "Sorry."

She sighed. "Happy birthday dear."

155. Aromatherapy

I glanced over at the man next to me. He swished his pink drink around with one hand and grabbed at his forehead with his other. He set his drink down and tapped his fingers against the wood.

"Are you alright?"

He looked up and took his hand off his head. "I'm sorry, were you talking to me?"

"Are you alright?" I leaned my elbows onto the bar.

"Oh." He forced a smile. "I just have a headache."

"Do you need medicine?" I grabbed at my purse and set it on the bar.

"No, I already took some. I'm just waiting for it to kick in."

I dug through my purse and pulled out my little pink tube. "Do you want to try my aromatherapy sniffer? It's peppermint. I use it when I get migraines."

His smile widened. "Ok. Thank you."

156. Swish, Buzz, Pop

Swswswsw. Bang.

He collapsed his hands over his head and collapsed to the ground, curling into a ball.

Jane and I doubled over in laughter. I collapsed to my knees and wiped at my eyes as I tried to catch my breath. I grabbed at his shoulder and pulled him up to his knees.

He scanned the skies. "What? What was that?"

Jane sucked in a deep breath and leaned against a tree. "You've never seen a firework before? You are so strange!"

"A what? It sounded like an explosion." He continued to scan the night sky and grabbed my arm as another shot into the sky.

"Hey, calm down. It's a fancy explosion in the sky. You're fine."

He glanced back up at the sky before meeting my eyes. He took a deep breath and loosened up on my arm. "I'm sorry. I'm not from around here."

157. What Time is It?

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I shuffled down the hall in my slippers and robe. I peeked through the window at a puff of hot pink hair before pulling the door open. "What in the world are you doing here?"

"Hey. Sorry to bother you-"

"It's one a.m. I'm trying to sleep before work tomorrow. You should too."

"Yeah, but I was thinking-"

"Can it wait until tomorrow?"

Jimmy bit his lip. "I guess but-"

"Goodnight."

"But-"

"Goodnight, Jimmy. We'll talk tomorrow. First thing. I promise." I shut the door and turned back around.

158. Party Animal

"Are you really one of THOSE people?" He rolled his eyes.

"What do you mean?" John set the bag down and took my hand. He escorted me back to the couch.

"A gender reveal party, really?"

"It's cute." John grabbed my elbow and followed it down as I sat.

"It's stupid." Mike sat across from me.

"It's an excuse to throw a party."

159: Miss Manners

Two men walked through the door. One towered a foot over the other. His jet black hair contrasted with the smaller one's bleach blonde hair. It hung in front of his deep blue eyes. They argued with each other in a hushed tone.

"Hello. Can I help you?"

The blonde silenced his friend by raising his hand. "Hello," he glanced at my name tag, "Ms. Rachel. Would you be so kind as to point us in the direction of the Lordmounth Hotel, please?"

I walked around the counter and met them towards the door. "Certainly. If you make a right out of my store, go down three blocks, then make a left at the light. It should be about five buildings down on the left."

He smiled and nodded towards me. "Thank you kindly."