(38) The Invasion - I

Start from the beginning

Bull squeezed his face and placed both hands on his ears but not before shrugging her hands off his leg. "You're fast becoming a pain in the groin. And here I was thinking I would have mercy on your poor soul and let you watch while I shred your husband like a hot dog." He looked at Fatimah. "Would you do me the honors of killing her after you've gotten rid of Marcel? She's useless and I for one would be overjoyed to see the back of her."

Pamela's heart sank to the floor of her stomach. She was finally going to die. And her husband was going to also. She laughed mirthlessly. She'd been dreading death for so long and now that it was here, she wasn't going to give up. She was going to fight till her dying breath. She was not going to die a coward.

All her life, she'd been protected by her family, being kept away from danger, but today was the day she was going to finally face danger without them around to defend her, and she wasn't going to waste their efforts, she was going to fight till her dying breath.

"If you're going to kill me you should at least set me loose." She nodded at her chained feet. "I ask as a dying wish."

"Ana." Bull said and Fatimah - Ana? - bent to free her legs from the iron chains. "Do a job that will be as clean as a hound's tooth. No mistakes. Am I clear?"

"As clear as the water is under." She smiled coyly as if she was enjoying what she was doing and was about to do.

Bull and Fener - if that's his real name, Bull isn't their boss's real name - walked out the cell door while Fatimah/Ana pointed her gun straight at Pamela. Pamela stood slowly and wobbled on her feet and Marcel who had been quiet through the whole Bull fiasco got up to steady her. She pushed him away.

"Don't touch me! Why are you acting like a gentleman now of all times? This is all your fault!"

"I'm so sorry."

"Are you? I'm going to die! The whole King's family will be wiped out!" She took deep breaths. "Did you kill my mom?"

"Oh, no. Marcel couldn't hurt a fly." Fatimah interjected lowering the gun. "that was me."

"What?"

"Fatimah, don't."

"Who gave you the permission to speak?" she barked at Marcel.

"Don't say anything to hurt her more than you already have. You're going to kill us both, aren't you satisfied enough?"

"How dare you question me? Is it because I haven't killed you yet?" She aimed the gun at him.

"Stop!" Pamela said. "Fatimah be rational, please. You cannot possibly - "

Pamela jumped at the sound of a gunshot that went off, interrupting her speech. She watched, wide-eyed with horror as Marcel slumped to the ground, a gunshot wound very visible on his chest, his shirt stained with blood. She turned her head slowly to look at Fatimah who brought the nozzle of the gun to her mouth and blew with a gentle puff at the imaginary smoke that was gently rising from it.

"What?" Fatimah asked innocently. "I cannot possibly what?"

Pamela shook her head at her in disbelief, too stunned to speak.

"Now that the annoying buzz of the fly in everyone's ointment has been silenced, I can continue my story can't I?"

Pamela turned away from her to face Marcel. She didn't know what to feel about what happened with Marcel other than grief. Yes, he'd done a lot of wrong to her and then some, but like any human that had feelings, his death was not something she would exactly throw a party over. She looked at his face and made a silent prayer for him, that the angels of God would guide him on his journey to the world beyond. She was halfway done with her prayers when she saw his eyes blink. He was alive!