I nodded. "I'm not really a fan of labels. I'd rather just go with the flow and enjoy the chase." I said while taking the first sip on my Sangria.

"Well then, that makes two of us." He flashed a smile, showing his pearly white teeth. God, this guy is just too perfect physically.

What could his dirt fucking be?

"So, I guess no girlfriends for you either?" I said teasingly.

"Nope. Well, not yet. Although I'm eyeing someone right now." He answered suggestively.

Yet. In your dreams, Rodriguez.

"Well, enough about me, let's talk about you! Who is the Santino Rodriguez?" I said as I tried to reel the conversation in the direction I want.

He chuckled lightly before taking a sip of his red wine. "I'm pretty sure you can google everything about me. I'm an open book." He shrugged.

So mago-google ko ba kung bakit pinatay ng tatay mo ang kapatid ko? I almost rolled my eyes at his answer.

I touched his hand on the table before squeezing it lightly.

Take the fucking bait, Santino.

"I wanna get to know the real you. Take off your titles, your surname and what people already know. Who are you, really?"

"I am a 24 year old boy who loves to play golf and race cars for the thrill of it. I like listening to hip hop music, my favorite artists are Kendrick Lamar and Kanye West. My favorite food is Aglio Olio and Pumpkin Raviolli." He said as if this was merely a recitation.

"Mukha ba akong slambook sa'yo, Santi? I'm not gonna know you if you only show me your superficial side." Nag-pout pa ako sakaniya for special effect.

God, I can't believe I'm acting this pabebe! Kuya Fonso, the things I do for you!

He bolt out a strong laugh after what I said. "Okay, okay. Let's take off the mask then, shall we?" He gulped the entire glass of wine down. Mukhang mahaba-habang usapan to.

Let me in your head of lies, Santino.

"Contrary to what everyone thinks, I'd like to think I'm a simple man. I hate complications. I stay away from anything that can cause me any kind of trouble. Everyone says I'm particularly good at giving orders,  not so much with  following them though. Oh! and my mom thinks the cutest thing about me is that I'm still daddy's little boy." Santino shared with a chuckle.

Daddy's boy, huh?

Time to plant the seed.

"Oh! That reminds me. You know what, Santino? I'm actually a big fan of your father. He gets a'lot of backlash for his policies, but I think his legislations are necessary for economic growth." I said fakely, as I took another sip of my Sangria.

I almost wanted to choke on my own lies. His father's legislations were nowhere near necessary; they were plain selfish and greedy.

Senator Rodriguez likes to trick the masses into thinking his policies are for economic development. When in truth, they're taxing every product and living entity at the expense of the poor.

Surely, the rich can still afford to purchase these high-priced items. But what about those at the bottom of the social triangle? Malaki na nga ang kinakaltas sa sweldo nila dahil sa buwis, nagmamahal pa ang presyo ng bilihin. Karamihan pa sakanila ay minimum wage earners!

Santino let out an amused smile before leaning towards the table, his hand resting at the bottom of his chin. "Wow. I've never met a girl so involved in politics before. Much so with my own father's political initiatives."