Unscrewed

*JACOB*

"Start writing,Prince. Time is money." Riley's voice was distorted in my head. I couldn't see straight, and my speech was impaired by a hangover that wouldn't leave. In this trying time, Riley had nominated me to write lyrics. These lyrics were to be presented to a producer and get us a collaboration with a popular artist. I gripped the pen, trying to gain a grain of focus. All the while I could feel the tension and pressure among those hovering behind me. They had been waiting anxiously for me to create a hit right then and there.

"What are you waiting for, Prince? Get this going, " Ray urged.

Despite my strong intoxication, I still took notice of the way Ray had addressed me. He no longer identified me by my real name, only my stage name. It was like losing half of my identity. Only when it was an attractive female who called me Prince did I not become bothered by it. Or, if alcohol had abducted my common sense, I couldn't detect the abnormality of it all. However, in that exact point in time, I could not bear to be called "Prince" or "Princeton."

I could not tolerate it because my inner circle was gradually forgetting who I was supposed to be just as much as me. I needed someone to be fully awake and aware of my mistakes so he or she could bring them to my attention. What would happen afterwords would fall on my hands.

The ink bled through the notebook paper. It stained my fingers.

"So you're a big shot in the stadium and worthless in the studio?" Riley pressured.

I let my head drop into my hands. My palms were sweaty and fingers trembled.

Ray, Riley, Craig, Roc, and others in higher authority seemed to cloud around me. I began to feel closed in and claustrophobic.

"Back off and leave me alone. All of you." I pleaded. Complaints filled the already suffocating atmosphere. I clamped my eyes shut to find pleasure in that darkness. If I could have gone deaf for that moment, I would have chosen to hear no more.

*More coming soon. Tweet me @Its_Ambyy * PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE comment. I want some feedback.!!!