Good Vibes?

Ginger

The protective covering over the seat crinkled underneath me. I squirmed in impatience and anxiety. I had woken up early that morning for my doctor's appointment. Jacob sat in the waiting area while I went to the doctor's office. He had walked in and out several times before finally settling down. There was a slight buzzing coming from some of the sophisticated, complex equipment and machinery. I drummed my fingers casually, waiting for my exam to start.

Eventually, an unfamiliar doctor entered.

"Ginger? I'll be your doctor today; Dr. Feldman is out."

I sighed indifferently. "Whatever speeds up the process here."

It wasn't even 10 in the morning yet. I was still sleepy and I just wanted to get back to my apartment and cuddle with Jacob. I wasn't in the mood to worry about cancer. The whole problem was almost worn out in my mind.

We went through the usual procedures of my examination. I waited in silence for him to tell me how things were looking.

All I got was a blank stare.

"Well?" I asked.

He slipped off his glasses made a thinking face. My patience was growing thin, and I didn't want to yell or too rude. So I just quietly made my way towards the door. As I'm about to walk out, he says,

"You've made progress."

I turned around quickly on my heel, and opened my eyes wide in shock. Taking my seat on the plastic-covered seat again, I said,

"Explain. Now. Quickly."

"Now your cancer hasn't gone away or decreased, but it hasn't grown any bigger. This is some sign of progress considering it's so fatal."

I really didn't know what to say to him. I was so used to being told it had gotten worse or wasn't getting better, I didn't know how to react to good news.

As I thanked him quietly, I rushed back into the waiting area hugging Jacob.

He chuckled quietly, "What'd I do?"

I laughed and joked back, "Just hug me, idiot."

We stood there hugging for another minute or two and then I finally caught the will to let him go.

"I'm assuming there was good news back there," he said.

I smiled, nodding in satisfaction. "Steps in the right direction, if anything."

Jacob yawned and stretched, his hand met mine. I played with his hair while snickering at him. "Let's get home, I'm sleepy too."

JACOB

We took a taxi got back to the apartment to find Craig Crippen at the apartment door. By some strange twist of fate, he got in touch with me, and I offered him the one vacant room in our apartment. Ginger observed him with curiosity and intrigue.

We got his belongings and stuff situated and then settled in the living room and talked over breakfast. Ginger listened to us intently with a warm smile. I glanced at her throughout the conversation, watching her lovingly.

CRAIG

Jacob Perez. One of my closest friends in high school. It felt good to see him. I had flown in from Atlanta, Georgia. I decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to stay at his place for a little bit. It would have given a chance to catch up on old times.

Apparently, the dude had lucked out a found a nice girl. Ginger Hatley. She looked familiar, I was sure I had seen her face around. I didn't bother to ask, though.

I had first come to New York to find my sister Riley and bring her back home. She was always getting into some trouble. She couldn't stay in one place, always out and about. But every time she left, I would find her either dangerously wasted, in jail, or at some trashy motel. She partied way too hard. However, for some reason, Riley LIKED that kind of life. I just wanted her to settle down and find a good guy.

I zoned in and out the conversation with Jacob, I was starting to focus more on where Riley could have been.

RAY

I walked down the streets, arriving at this apartment complex. As I stepped in, someone pointed me in the direction of an elevator to the 100th floor. I took the elevator to that floor and walked up the small flight of stairs to apartment number 143. (Lol, see what I did there?) I knocked on the door. There was no answer.

I was hoping the address Riley gave last night was correct. I waited for someone to open the door. Just as I thought no one was available, the doorknob wriggles and the door swings open.

Instead of seeing Craig, I seen Jacob. What? He lives here, too?

Life just keeps getting interesting.

Lol. People are just meeting up all over the place. Like this chapter? Hate it? Let me know with a comment below or tweet me @Its_Ambyy <3