Chapter 6

When they finally stopped, Hyejin stopped thinking about miscellaneous ideas and her eyes turned to where they were. In front of her was the golden gates, inscribed with swirls and embellished with small pearls and gem flowers.

"Where..."

"Her Highness is in the garden." Isleila said and Hyejin understood where they were. For a mere garden, the doorway was unnecessarily extravagant. Hyejin looked around and realized that the entirety of the castle was extravagant.

Does this mean that the kingdom is extremely wealthy?

A monarch wouldn't indulge in such luxury unless the treasury would have plenty to spare. Or they didn't care for the well-being of their citizens. However, since the people easily accepted the return of the princess in the original plot, it meant that the people still held the Aucainad royal family in regard.

But it was still suspicious nonetheless.

"Okay, please leave me alone with Vyriana." This time, there were other servants escorting them other than just Isleila so once she went in, whispers immediately broke out at her behavior. They couldn't believe that the strict queen had forgotten her dignity in front of servants and was unnecessarily polite to them.

Isleila saw them talking amongst themselves and frowned. "I better not see any idiotic rumors."

The other maids bowed their heads but it was too late.

Who could stop mouths from talking?

Soon, the story of the queen's difference in behavior had already spread far and wide among the rest of the castle.

Majority deemed it as zestful rumors that people had spread in order to vitalize the castle after the absence of their king. A change in their strict and cold queen was impossible. This was not something that she could be blamed for as she was raised in one of the most aristocratic families and soon married to the royal family. From a young age, her etiquette and authoritative status was clear. Queen Asielle would never politely mingle nor interact with those below her. This was not arrogance, it was the education that was nailed in her mind and the education for generations of upcoming queens.

They respected her, but could never attain her favor.

Meanwhile Hyejin, who didn't know that she had caused a stir among the people of the castle, was quietly walking in the garden and looking for Vyriana.

The garden should've have been described as a garden.

If Eden was a place that mortals could walk in, it would be this garden. Large enough to expand in the length of a large stadium, the garden was decorated in accordance to a certain arrangement.

Since she majored in art, the classification was very satisfying.

Some areas had normal flowers that Hyejin saw in her previous world, while others had more exotic flowers that she had never seen in her life. In the middle of the garden was a large, towering gazebo that was sprinkled with gold and small embers. The gazebo was made from marble and small pieces of gold and the columns were sculpted to perfection. The top was transparent and strings of pearls expanded from the circular center to the rest of the garden held by poles that were transparent.

This was a world that was fueled by magic, so there was a possibility that there weren't even poles and it was magic that levitated the small string of pearls to gently loom over the garden. 

The decor of the garden reminded Hyejin of the ceremony that was held for the sleeping beauty.

Was the funeral-like event meant to look similar to a place that the king liked?