12

[In the Past.]

"Regina I'm sorry, I'm sorry I didn't mean to." The man wailed loudly, far too loudly that Isabella thought her ear drums would burst. With how much crying, wailing, and tearing up he was doing, one would think she was torturing him or something. She wasn't..... at least not yet. "It was the work of the devil."

Tsk tsk even she was sure that the devil was tired of being lied against.

"How in the world did the devil make you turn on la famiglia, huh?" She asked the man, she was in a nice mood today maybe if he gave a good answer, you know justify his stance maybe his wife and children would live. "You sold me out, you sold us out to the Russians. Tell me how the devil planned that and maybe your sweet Rosaline and your daughter Davina would be spared."

Suddenly he had nothing to say, cat cut his tongue as he stared like a deer caught in headlights. "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you Rodri. You were a good sicario."

"Regina please don't do this." His wailing was hurting her ears. Liars and snitches deserved no sympathy, not from her and not from anyone else. If they were willing to sell you out and hurt you in the worst way possible then it's only fair play that they get a taste of their own medicine.

"Strap him up." Isabella ordered and watched the men strap up Rodri. He should have known how this scenario was going to end, you can't have two masters in the life they lived.

To ensure the utmost level of loyalty, she'd never faltered on her promise. The same one she made those years ago, almost a decade ago. Her men lived the best life possible, they were paid like employees, their children went to the best schools and even had the freedom to opt out of this lifestyle for a white collar job or whatever. The only thing demanded in return was loyalty and yet things like this happens.

Isabella hated torture, the prolonged sight of blood still made her squeamish which is why she was staying clear of the blast zone.

"Regina how do you want this to proceed?" One of her men asked eagerly. They were just as ready as she was to put an end to the pathetic life of this liar. Only the lord knows what danger her sworn enemies- the Russians posed to her now, due to this fool's big and greedy mouth.

"Rodri what exactly have you told Sokolov about me or my operations?" His mouth stayed glued shut. The Sokolov mafia were as ruthless as one could be and to be ready for them, she needed to know what they had. One thing Isabella wasn't going to jeopardize was the safety of her men. As much as people wanted to label her heartless and soulless, she considered these men her family. She was loyal to them as much as they were to her.

"Not much Regina. He was more interested in your relationship with Armageddon, and he kept saying something about a son you had." Oh no. "I told him that you've never bred a child, Regina. Please I didn't tell him anything."

Isabella couldn't even focus on the rest of his words, her head was spinning and her mind was reeling. The only people that knew of Emiliano's existence were herself, Gustavo and his wife Alina with their son Pablo, and Ruiz. How were the Russians sniffing around that piece of news, trying to hurt her with what was dear to her.

All her men were now looking at her, waiting for her response to that revelation. She would have to play it off because no one could know about Emiliano's existence. It wasn't time yet. So she played along.

"What thing about a son was he saying?" She asked with a feigned curious look.

"They said that news in the underground is that when you left those years ago, it was to raise a son. I told them that it wasn't true that you left because you and Don Alessandro had a falling out." That was the part all the men knew. But it was only partially true. She and her father had fallen out when he got wind of her pregnancy, it wasn't part of his plans for her.