Chapter 17: BEST OF THE BEST (Vol. 2 end)

Začít od začátku

Everyone looks at him bewildered at what just happened.

Ruby: (smiles) that was awesome!

Dean: I know, right!?

Coco: where do you get all of these toys?

Dean: you'd be amazed at what special demons leave behind.

Týra: more are still here. Ready yourself, Dean.

Dean: right.

He puts the suitcase away and gets his weapons ready. With perfect synchronization, the four moved fast and attacked the remaining Grimm. During this, they were pulled into Limbo, but everyone was still able to see them battle.

Even though they saw them do it before, it was still a sight to see them fight on switching between their weapons, and in Dean's case, styles. They held their own so great that make even the most skilled huntsmen unable to hold a candle to them. Towards the end, Nikki and Týra restrained the last as they returned to reality ahem were about to finish the last.

Dean: Nikki, Týra, hold it down with your semblance and blades. Vali and I will finish it!

Nikki: right, boss!

Vali: understood.

Týra then throws here Nemesis Whips and Nikki catches them along with Ravage and they wrap around the Grimm. The boys then go Devil Trigger to deliver the final blow.

Vali DT: my power shall be absolute!

Dean DT: eliminate all!

Both deliver Judgement Cut End, instantly killing it. They return to human form and the team rejoins with the others.

Fox: still the best of the best.

Týra: all it has to do is training for the worst.

Yatsuhashi: still, your skills are incredible.

Vali: yours as well. Although, quick question; where's Ember?

His answer came when something plops on his head. He looks up to see Ember. He grabs her and pulls her down, and she merely smiles and laughs. Later on, Roman was brought into custody and Teams RWBY and DVNT were with Zwei and Ember, overlooking Vale from across the lake.

Blake: so you actually went to Helheim and Týra's a descendant of a god?

Mimir: yep. We'll have to report to Jupiter about it, but we'll get to that later. You lot did incredible defending this city.

Weiss: if we don't get extra credit for that, I'm gonna be seriously disappointed.

Vali: half of the town was damaged, Weiss. And considering you all technically caused this, I doubt we will.

Ruby: plus, I mean, we didn't solve everything. A lot of people were hurt, and we still don't even know why they did this, or who that mystery girl was.

Týra: one question is answered and two more take its place. Learn from the knowledge you did gain and prepare to gain more in the future.

Blake: Týra's right. We might not have all the answers, but we do have a lot of dangerous people behind bars. And I think that's something we could be proud of.

Ruby: yeah! And if anyone tries something like this again, we'll be there to stop them. Or Dean can pull out his suitcase.

Yang: (lying down on her back) yay, teamwork, camaraderie, good guys, go team, alright, good job... So, what now?

Dean: we still have to give our report, and then afterwards we're gonna go for pizza.

Weiss: I suggest training for the tournament, but I guess we have that covered at this point.

Blake: so then...

Ruby: uhh... Time for bed?

Yang: please.

Blake: absolutely.

Weiss: yes.

Yang: I'm going to sleep forever.

Team RWBY and Zwei then stand up and heads back towards Beacon's main campus. Later on, after a meeting with the High council, Jupiter heard DVNT's report. He had a grim expression on his face and looked out through a window.

Jupiter: and the monster didn't give anything else?

Dean: all he said was that the fall was coming, and we couldn't stop it. And, apparently, he doesn't have a name.

Jupiter: we call him βροντή.

Vali: how do you know that?

Jupiter: let me tell you about my first encounter with the supernatural world. I was merely a student at the university when I met the impossible. All my life, I had relied on science and the natural law in the world. But all that changed when I saw him. βροντή, which is Greek for thunder. I barely escaped that night with my life, but my eyes were open to a much larger and bigger world.

Nikki: so that's why you became a teacher in the supernatural.

Jupiter: yes. (Turns to them) I don't know what βροντή has planned, but I know it's nothing good. You all can get some rest, you have a big day tomorrow.

Meanwhile, on a rooftop in Vale, Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald met discreetly.

Cinder: all in all, I call today a success.

Emerald: those stupid kids really made a mess of things.

Mercury: yeah. A lot of Faunus didn't make it out the tunnels. You still think the White Fang's gonna listen to us?

???: no, but they'll listen to me.

They turn to see a bull Faunus with red hair, a Grimm mask with markings, dressed in black, and a katana. This was Adam Taurus.

Later that night, Vali wakes up when he senses a familiar presence. He teleports outside and finds Yang with Raven Branwen.

Yang: Vali?

Vali: (points Yamato at Raven) what are you doing here, mother?

Raven: we have a lot to talk about.

Back in DVNT's room, Týra had another dream. This one was of the warrior mistakenly killing his comrade. He demands why he left Sparta unprotected, and the Spartan tells why.

Last Spartan: Zeus. He came under the cloak of darkness...into Sparta. The people cried out for you. They begged for their god to save them...but you did not come. I was left with no choice. I had to seek out the Sisters, to change the fate of our beloved Sparta. For I am all that is left. Now you are all that is left. I have faith that our brothers of Sparta will live on, through the true God of War.

He dies and the warrior screams Zeus's name in rage. Unknowingly, Týra opens her eyes, but they were burning with pure rage.

Author's note: Volume 2's done.
Sorry if this one's short. There wasn't really a whole lot to write about.
Pandora's power is displayed. This thing is so OP in the best way possible. Can you imagine what it would be like in DMC5? That would be absolute chaos.
A bit of Jupiter's past is revealed. He's connected to the monster, but it goes deeper. It'll be explained in Volumes 4 and 5.
The next volume will over all be the same, but DVNT will have challenge unlike anything before. And, by the end of it, none of them will ever be the same.

Next chapter: volume 3