Chapter 23 | They finally got me

Start from the beginning

I scoop her face in my hands, wiping the tears away with my thumbs and pulling her into a kiss.

"You've never belonged to me. You've never belonged to anyone. You belong to yourself only and I'll be more than happy to support you in that. Now, you've asked for something. I'm not going to tell you what to do, I'll help you do whatever you feel makes you happy."

She closes her eyes and sobs loudly.

I know I have stirred up all her memories and pains from the past, but I need Becks with a healed soul before I can make her mine.

I need Becks to reconcile with her past and begin to look to the future as a new, reborn woman, a woman who willingly accepts to be mine.

I kiss her forehead lightly then turn on the engine and we leave papa's house.

The ride back to my mansion is in complete silence. She keeps her eyes on the window on her right side, never moving her head in front of or towards me.

If I don't take a glare at her from time to time, I can't even tell if she's still in the car with me.

I'm going to take her to see Lucas the next day. I wished I never had to, but she asked, she wanted to, and she didn't belong to me, yet. Who am I to tell her no?

It really bothered me though, I couldn't deny it.

My fingers curl tighter around the steering wheel the more I think about this Lucas husband... Soon to be ex-husband, and I feel a knot in my throat that I can't swallow.

I feel to shout at her, asking what the fuck she has seen in a guy that clearly has made her life a living hell.

Why else would she run away from him? He's always there, always in her mind, I can see it in her eyes.

Every fucking time she remembers him or speaks about him her eyes are tearing and shining at the same time and besides the usual sadness, I see love, love for him.

And it's driving me insane.

When we finally reach the mansion, I can see that my staff is already there, all the lights in the mansion are on. I've called them on the way to papa to come and revive the house to a decent living place, properly prepare our rooms, and have dinner cooked for us.

Becks gets down the car before I can reach her door and open it for her, but she waits for me and we both walk to the front door, hand in hand. Fuck, I just can't stay away!

Ms. Steward opens the front door before we have the chance to reach it and she welcomes us.

"Hello, Mr. Vincenzo, welcome. Hello Miss," she says to Becks.

"Hello," Becks replies shyly.

"Ms. Steward, are the rooms ready?"

"Of course, sir. All is prepared. I was going to start dinner," she replies while we are walking into the house.

"Becks, something special you want for dinner?" I ask her as we stroll into the living room.

"No, anything will be fine with me," she replies coldly.

I nod and press my lips in a thin line, deciding that this is not the time to push her. I'll give her time to weather the storm of the past days.

"Come, let me show you your room," I say grabbing her hand and going up the stairs where the bedrooms are.

The first room on our right is mine, she'll take the second. This way nothing can reach her room unless I hear.

It also has a bathroom with a bathtub, and I believe it's more comfortable for her even though we'll stay just a few days more at this location.