♡2♡

"M-mm-mmy dad, h-h-he" he struggled to say while having tears fall down his face.

"Shhhhhh, breathe and take your time Juggie I'm here for you, okay" I said trying to calm him down.

He calmed himself down a bit and said,
" Last night he came home really drunk, got super angry, shouted for a bit then left the trailer. This morning he wasn't there when I woke up and just as I was heading to school I got a phone call saying he was drink driving and crashed his truck into a tree going pretty fast and is now in hospital in a coma."

I moved next to him and gave him a big well-needed hug. "Hey Jug don't worry you can stay with me and my mum while your dad is in hospital I'm sure my mum wont mind. She loves you like a son and will do anything for you. I will text my mum if you want and then we will go to my house and get you all settled in just while your dad gets better." I said causing him to smile.

"What did I do to deserve a best friend like you Betts?" He said and I shrugged my shoulders before giving him another hug.

Suddenly we heard a phone camera shatter so we swiftly turned around to see Cheryl with a smug look on her face. "I knew you guys would finally get together,"she said happily. "Ummm hate to break it to you Cheryl but Betty and I are just friends and I was upset and needed some support off my best friend so we hugged. We aren't dating Cheryl." Jughead said slightly angrily.

This wasn't uncommon for us because everyone says guys and girls can't just be friends but Jughead and I dont believe that. We are just friends and our relationship is strictly platonic. We have been asked if we are dating so many times by several people and it is getting ridiculous now. Does nobody else in the world believe a guy and a girl can just be friends?