Chapter 17

You spent the last day at the beach house as if nothing bad has ever happened to you.

You enjoyed his company and did all the things you wanted to do. You went to the sea and for a long beach walk.

You put off your shoes and dipped your toes in the cold water as Jungkook approached you from behind.

The water swirled around your feet and he wrapped his arms around your waist pulling you close to him.

The wind was tearing at your hair and your eyes travelled over the pretty view.

"We need to come back here", you said and he nodded silently before he rested his chin on your shoulder. You stayed silent for another while and only listened to the noise of the waves rolling on the beach.

"I've packed everything. We're ready to go", he said and you couldn't tell whether he was sad or scared because you had to leave.

"Okay, I'm ready", you said sighing. You turned around and took his hand. You intertwined your fingers and looked up to him while you walked to the car.

Worry distorted his handsome features and you squished his hand to reassure him.

"I'll stay by your side, I promise", you repeated your words, "my father won't like it, but he always wanted me to be happy. He'll see that you are the one who makes me happy and he'll accept it."

He didn't say anything and just nodded. You stopped walking and made him turn to you.

"I love you", you whispered resting your forehead against his.

"I don't deserve you", he said and you could hear the pain in his voice. You stroked his cheek with your hand and made him look into your eyes.

"Don't say that. That's not true", you told him, "I saw that you can change... and be a better person. That's why I love you."

You stood on your tiptoes and leaned in until your lips touched. You kissed him very softly, but you wanted him to feel all your love in this kiss.

"Okay", he said, now in a more confident way, "let's go then." You turned back around and threw a last glance at the small house.

The ride back to your city took very long and you watched different kinds of landscapes passing by. At some point you closed your eyes and fell asleep. You woke up again when you heard the driver's door shut.

You opened your eyes and rubbed the sleep out of your eyes with the back of your hand. The car was parked on the side of the street next to a row of shops on the right side.

You knew this street, you were back in town. You heard a rustling at your left side and turned your head to Jungkook.

"Hey, beautiful", he said making you smile immediately, "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay", you said, "we're here anyway. What's that?" On his lap was lying a blue box with a black ribbon and a bow tie around it.

"Well... I thought if I'm going to ask your dad for permission to marry you, you also need a proper ring", he explained and for the first time, he blushed deeply.

"That's so sweet", you said smiling and watched him unwrap the box. He opened it and held it in front of him.

"Y/N, will you marry me?", he asked once again. "Yes", you answered and you couldn't help but get emotionally again. He took out the ring and put it on your ring finger.

"I love you", he said and pulled you into a kiss. You admired the sparkling ring on your finger as Jungkook started the engine.

How much your life has changed... But you wouldn't want it any other way.

He drove to your father's villa in silence and pulled up the huge driveway in front of the even more huge house.

"Are you ready?", you asked Jungkook taking his hand. He nodded with a serious face and you both got out. You walked to the entrance hand in hand and you rang the door bell.

You could feel that Jungkook didn't feel comfortable, but you had to go through this. The door was opened by a servant and you could spot your dad in the background.

"Y/N!", he called out when he saw you. "Dad!", you said and ran into his arms.