Chapter 3

You reached out for the bottle and took another big swallow of the liquor. Your throat was burning from the toxic liquid running down your gullet.

By the time the sun has set you were already drunk enough to not think straight anymore. You were sitting on the floor of your café between the burnt remains of the counter.

You have managed to clean up the floor at least a bit but it still looked very messy. You were sure that you wouldn't be able to open the café for the next two weeks. You laughed at your own miserable situation and slowly got up.

It was completely dark in the café and your vision was quite blurred so you stumbled over a few things on your way to the kitchen.

Only the moonlight drew a few shapes of the things around you. It was too peaceful. Appearances were deceiving. Nothing was in peace, everything was terrorised by the mafia.

You were searching for another drink when you heard a noise from the front part of the café. Your blood immediately began to boil, you were still so angry for what he has done.

You hopped on the counter in the kitchen and waited until he'd find you there. As soon as he appeared in the doorway you threw the glass you've been drinking from in his direction.

You just barely missed his face and he didn't even flinch when the glass shattered on the wall behind him. He lifted an eyebrow cockily and looked at you smirking. He could tell you were fully intoxicated.

"I told you to never come back yet here you are", you said trying to sound intimidating but your words were too slurred.

"As far as I remember, you told me to-", he couldn't finish because you had grabbed the bottle next to you and attempted to throw it at him, but he was quicker.

With a few steps he was in front of you and held your wrist firmly keeping you from destroying more.

"I wouldn't do that", he said in a low voice which sent shivers down your spine. He pierced you with his eyes and the coldness of his blank stare told you how many lives he has already taken.

You flinched when you felt something hard and cool on your body. You didn't have to look at it to know that this was his gun tugged in his waistband.

You slowly put the bottle down, but he didn't move an inch away from you. His face was so close to yours that if you moved a bit forward, your lips would touch.

"Who are you by the way?", you blurted and couldn't stop yourself in your drunk state. He smirked and created a bit of distance between you.

"You don't know who I am?", he asked travelling his eyes over your face, "I am Jeon Jungkook."

The second you heard his name you regretted all your actions. You knew exactly who he was, you've heard about him in the news thousands of times. He was the boss of the mafia and has committed so many crimes already. He has killed a few important people, but he was never charged with murder. His smirk grew bigger as he saw the fear in your eyes.

"Now that I have your full attention, I'd like to come to an agreement", he said pulling out a piece of paper. It was a check.

"We can help you rebuilt your business if you pay a monthly fee to us", he explained to you handing you the check, "or otherwise, you know, we'll put your sweet little café to ashes."

You regarded the check in your hands and tried not to gasp of the amount of money he offered you. It was more than enough.

"So this is how you do it", you whispered staring at the check in your hands, "you burn the stores down, just to rebuild them with your dirty money." He shrugged and passed his finger over the handle of his gun.

"And guess what", you said taking a deep breath, "I'm not going to do it." He smirked and laughed venomously.

"Oh no, princess. That's not how it works", he said calmly putting his gun under your chin. You tensed at the cold touch of the barrel on your skin.

"You won't make it on your own or do you want to ask your rich daddy for some money?", he asked and stressed the word 'daddy'.

You flinched and closed your eyes in horror when he mentioned your father. They knew about your father's business and now you knew, why they were after you.

The next thing you did was probably the most stupid decision you ever made and with hindsight, you didn't even know why exactly you did it. You kissed him.