this is Merely the Beginning

Start from the beginning

"sure thing. i don't have any strong opinions, so you can lead the way."

he took my hand again and started leading me towards a narrow side street. well, all streets in venice (besides the grand canal) were narrow side streets, technically.

"you never have any strong opinions," he teased.

i grinned. that reminded me of a certain conversation from many years ago.

"sorry. i just don't have any particular leanings in this subject at the moment."

he turned back to look at me for a moment and laugh.

"that's alright. lucky for you, i'm very decisive."

///

after dinner, we had returned to our small apartment and were getting ready for bed. it was a bit early, but it's not like we had much else to do. besides, with the long weekend ahead, and monday off, we could afford to mess up our sleep schedules a bit.

although since we both owned our own businesses, we could choose when to close up shop, but it was a federal holiday anyway.

i was changing into pajamas, and i dropped my shirt, so i leaned down to pick it up, but when i did, yuu smacked my ass.

i yelped and stood up straight, turning to look at him.

"what was the reason?" i asked, quickly snatching my shirt off the floor.

before i could put it on, he stopped me.

"keep the shirt off. and i just think you're hot. plus i enjoy the reaction i can get out of you."

i rolled my eyes, feeling my face burn.

"and i'm the perv in this relationship apparently. how many people have you said that too anyway?"

"just you, babe."

i looked at him skeptically.

"okay, so maybe there have been occasions when i called ryū hot or sexy... and maybe sometimes with chikara... and kazuhito and hisashi... but can you blame me?! i just think my friends are attractive, and wanted to let them know."

i smiled and shook my head.

"you're a weirdo."

"like you've never called daichi or suga sexy before."

we got into bed.

"well, about that... can i tell you a secret?"

i had actually been thinking about this for a while, zoning out occasionally, contemplating whether or not i should tell him. after that little echo of a years-past conversation from earlier, it had been on my mind.

i had never told him what had happened between us, and maybe it wasn't that important, but i still owed him the truth, so i finally decided to speak up. plus, this was the perfect opportunity anyway.

he looked at me curiously.

"sure, what is it?"

"back in college, i had a threesome with suga and daichi."

he had been holding his phone, but when i said that, he dropped it on the bed.

"you what?! are you serious?!"

"uh, yeah. it was only for a couple months, and we're all friendly now."

"well, i remember at graduation they did tell me they liked you. and i told them to take good care of you. did they take good care of you?"