with you, everything feels Okay

a/n: this chapter is purely self indulgent because i wanted some soft asanoya relationship stuff, so enjoy.

(also i changed the title from 'numb' to 'falling' because i felt it fit better).

.nishinoya.

i was glad to finally talk to ryū about all this stuff since he was so upset to keep it bottled up before, but honestly...

all this talk of realizing feelings, especially when he brought up my feelings for asahi was kind of painful.

it made me think back to when we were still together...

~~~

i was at his house, and everything was quiet. it would've been silent, but for the constant tick of the clock, and the occasional turning of pages as he read his book.

we were on his bed, and i leaned on his shoulder, my arms encircling his arm as i texted ryū.

ryū: bro wait, wait, do you remember-

ryū: "there's no green in this room"

i snorted loudly, causing asahi to look up at me, his gaze full of love, but i didn't notice. i was too busy texting back.

me: omg, i remember that, you deadass looked around and confidently declared that and-

me: THE ENTIRE FLOOR WAS GREEN LMAO 😂😭

ryū: listen, we all make mistakes-

me: lmao, yeah right

"what's so funny?" asahi finally asked.

"just an inside joke with tanaka," i clarified and he nodded, looking back at his book. "what are you reading?"

he looked at me again, his eyes sparkling excitedly.

"it's this book called 'yes, no, maybe so' and at first it was a bit slow, but now that i've gottem into it, it's really good! it tackles important political, racial, and religious issues while still being funny and lighthearted, but with a good balance of serious moments too. and if i know anything about this author and myself, i'm gonna end up crying at least once before this book is over."

he chuckled and i smiled brightly.

"i'm glad you're enjoying yourself so much."

he smiled.

"me too."

he looked so happy and cute in that moment, i couldn't resist kissing him.

once i pulled away, he asked, "what was that all about?"

"am i not allowed to kiss my boyfriend?"

"i didn't say that."

i kissed him again.

"i love you."

"i love you too."

even after all this time, my chest still fluttered whenever he said that.

"can i braid your hair?" i asked.

"that was kind of random... but sure, i don't see why not. do you know what you're doing?"

"how hard can it be?"

"well, that definitely makes me feel reassured."

"it's just a braid, it's not like i could accidentally kill you."