this is not The End

a/n: this takes place about six years later. so everyone is late 20s, early 30s age-wise.

.sugawara.

i was sitting in the living room, and gasped at the sight before my eyes. i called out to my husband.

"daichi, quick, come here and record this! i think yūki is about to take her first steps!"

he also gasped and rushed into the room with our special "baby camera" that we had to record all of the big moments like this.

"kōshi! she's-!"

"i know!"

we watched as our baby pulled herself up with the support of the coffee table, and startled stumbling over to me.

i gasped, clapping my hands together, a smile overtaking my face.

"c'mere, yūki! you can do it!"

"mama," she cooed, coming towards me.

i smiled widely, feeling tears start to form as i looked over at daichi.

i saw him grinning widely as well, and swiping at his eyes.

she stumbled and fell a short distance from me, so i crawled over and held her arms for support.

"let's go to papa," i encouraged.

"papa!" she repeated.

daichi laughed a bit with a sniffle trailing after, and wiped his eyes again as we walked towards him.

well, she walked, i was crawling. oh, how the turn tables, baby...

he was nearby, so it only took a few steps before we reached him. i let go of her arms.

"papa!" she exclaimed again, and crawled into his lap.

daichi handed me the camera, and i flipped it to film the two of them.

he laughed again, a few more tears spilling out, and i had to wipe my own eyes.

she reached up to touch his cheek, and brushed some of the tears away.

"papa... sad?" she wondered.

daichi smiled and shook his head.

"no, papa's happy. very happy."

"happy!" she repeated, and he nodded.

"mama's happy too," he said.

"mama happy!"

she turned to look at me with a smile.

"yes, mama's happy," i confirmed.

she clapped her hands excitedly, so of course i had to clap too.

daichi and i had adopted her when she was three months old, approaching nine months ago now. safe to say, it was one of the best decisions of our lives. right up there with getting married to each other.

there was a knock at the door.

"oh, i almost forgot!" daichi exclaimed.

"me too." i picked myself up off the floor and wiped my eyes again. "that'll be asahi and noya then, and since you have yūki, i can get the door."

he nodded, and as i walked out of the room, i heard him talking to yūki.

"hear that, baby? uncle asahi and uncle yuu are here!"

"uncles here!"

i opened the door, and sure enough, there they were.

"asahi! noya!"