5. Ichor is fatal for mortals

Start from the beginning

With the immense power of his fire strands, Caeles will be capable of burning down nations -and he does, for the sake of heroine- and he will become a leader soldiers will refuse to go to war without. With someone like this... I held back my sorrowful tears and the urge to bite my fist... why do I have such a relationship...?!

...Let's not get carried away. He wouldn't be here to kill me; he's the male lead and I'm still and important side character, even though I've chosen to deviate. Maybe I should try to smooth out our relationship while he's here?

The maids entered to dress me and I nervously stood up, itching my arm.

Let's see what the male lead wants.

When Caeles arrived, I was led down the stairs by excited maids.

They even dressed me so happily today... I grumbled to myself. Well, even I would be excited to see Caeles, if all I had to do was see him.

And what's with this reception? When was my house this sparkly? Everyone is even lining up outside the door to welcome him!

I realized this didn't happen with Cassian as he had come with no prior notice on that day.

"Lord Caeles' carriages have arrived!" a steward announced with a booming voice that seemed to echo throughout the house, making me wince. These guys really have no respect for me as the lady of the house, huh? I held back my glare as I passed him walking towards the entrance, my maids in tow, as if they were the most loyal of Lady Eleonora's servants.

But what's this about carriages? Did he come with an army or something?

The door opened of an exquisite carriage, decorated with intricate designs and the emblem of the Arcturus House, and a man stepped out.

My breath hitched. Not a word from him but the excited murmur of the servants around me died down as we all watched Caeles come into the sunlight and glow.

What colour do gods bleed?

A memory of me reading a Greek Mythology book as a child suddenly came to mind. It had told me that it was ichor; the golden blood flowing through the veins of gods and...

I wasn't prepared to see something this beautiful.

Every time I see the main leads, this thought repeats in my head like a chorus: this isn't my world.

Because the person standing in front of me looked so unreal, with hair that glistened like pure gold in the sunlight, it made me wonder, if someone painted a picture using the blood of gods...

Would the Caeles standing in front of me be the result?

His sharp eyes focused on me and his expressionless face twitched as he began to walk towards me.

Gosh, even his grimace is breath-taking...

Wait, how do I greet him? How does Nora treat him? Should I curtsy or ignore him or what?! ...woah, damn...

His hair waved with every step he took and looked like it was literally glowing in the sunlight. Did fairies weave sunlight itself into silk to create these strands?

Ah, right, my greeting... to think about it, he knows that I have amnesia so it's fine, right? Maybe I should-

The servants around me bowed and caught in a sudden panic, I too quickly bent to a clumsy curtsy.

I noticed him freeze a few steps away and looked up to see him looking at me with surprised wide eyes. The servants were still bowing and only we two stood, for some reason staring at each other.