Chapter 12

The next morning, Elizabeth woke up before Micah, her head on his chest. She stretched her body a bit before looking at Micah with a tender smile as she brushed her hand on his cheek. She still could not believe what happened yesterday, that he shared her feelings. She stood on her elbows and planted a delicate kiss on Micah's lips, which caused him to slowly wake up.

"Mmh, you're still here?" he said with a sleepy voice.

Elizabeth blinked a few time at the man before starting to stand up.

"Kidding! I'm messing with you! Stay here" he laughed as he grabbed her by the waist and lay her under him.

Elizabeth was pouting hard as she looked at him. Micah only looked at her with a gentle, yet playful smile as he pushed one of her cheeks with his index, making her laugh.

"There. I prefer the smile" he said as he leaned down to kiss her.

Elizabeth smiled as she kissed him back. They fooled around for a bit before they heard activity in the camp.

"We should get out of bed" Elizabeth said, not motivated one bit.

"Sure we should" Micah answered as he ran his hand from her waist to her thigh and planted lingering kisses in her neck.

Elizabeth hummed in contentment as she closed her eyes and played with Micah's hair, a smile on her face. What a good way to spend a morning.

"Micah! You're awake?" Dutch suddenly called out, approaching the tent.

"What is it?" Micah asked, rolling his eyes.

"Have you seen Miss Forcier? I can't find her" Dutch asked.

"... no. What do you want from her" he answered hesitantly, looking at Elizabeth under him, who was trying not to laugh.

"Her lead about the riverboat. It's for tonight. If you see her, can you tell her to meet Josiah at the tailor in town to pick a dress in the afternoon?" Dutch said.

"Sure, I'll tell her" Micah answered as he looked at Elizabeth, still giggling.

"Thanks. I'll see you later" Dutch said before leaving.

"Well, you heard him" Micah said as he sat on the edge of the bed, rubbing his face with his hand.

"Yes, and I have an idea" Elizabeth started "You remember what you promise me the other day?" she asked with a mischievous smile.

Micah looked at Elizabeth above his shoulder, his brows furrowed in confusion.

"That you'll take me to town?" she explained.

"Oh, that. Yeah" Micah remembered his discussion with her.

"Well, that could be the opportunity. We go on a stroll into town, and when the time comes, you can show me where the tailor is" she explained her idea as she got out of bed and put on the dress from yesterday.

"You never give up huh?" Micah chuckled, getting dressed as well.

"Never, remember? I'll see you later then" she simply said, with a wink, as she left the tent.

Micah put his hat on his head and went to see Dutch.

Elizabeth quickly went to her tent to change her dress and joined Mary-Beth, who was cleaning some clothes near the river. She sat next to her and helped her.

"Dutch was looking for you this morning" Mary-Beth said, looking at her work.

"Yeah, I heard" Elizabeth said as she looked awkwardly at her friend.