17 (THEN)

They say it's my birthday, they say they want to celebrate, they say they love me. A couple days ago I was raped and left for dead. And now I have to celebrate my life ? No thanks.

I look at my bedroom door then to the window. I'm out of here. I grab my purse on my door and then go over to the window unlocking and opening it. Count to two then jump...... closing my eyes I count 1, 2....... I open my eyes and fling myself out the window and fly out landing on my ass hard.
"Fuck!"
I groan pushing myself up and whipe off my ass. Picking up my purse I run through the trees at my right to get to the street. Once there I pull out my phone and call Shannon. It rings a couple times then goes to voice mail.

"God" I turn off my phone and continue to walk down the road for a couple minutes til a car pulls up next to me rolling down the window

"Hi" I say noticing Dominic in the drivers seat.

"Get in" he says smiling.

I open the door and join him. He looks back at the road and starts driving.

"So where to?"

"Anywhere" I say blandly. He nods his head and I notice his hand that was on the stick shift of his bmw is now turned over as if he wants my hand in his. I see if I'm right and place mine in his. He holds it safely.

I know I don't really know him but I feel like I do. I feel like he's a good person and I can count on him. Looking back at the road I decide to close my eyes and just not think. It's easier this way.

A little while later I feel my hand being touched. Opening my eyes I see we're parked and at a park somewhere with lights ? I look at Dominic and he's smiling at me.

"Hey, want to go for a walk ?"

"Ok" I say. Pulling out from his hand while getting out. Closing the door I see trees lit up going down a path. This is so nice.

Dom waits for me at the starting point as I walk over. Well this is interesting. I pull my jean jacket a little closer together there is a breeze. We walk the trail quietly looking at everything and just enjoying the surroundings.

I look at him " How are you?" I ask.

Looking at me he says " I'm fine always am"

I nod back at him then look down at the ground.
"How's the family?" He asks.

"Badgering"

"Sounds like they care" he responds.

"It's annoying"

Looking up I can see someone ahead of us and a set up ? Looks suspicious.

"Parents are like that"

"Why do you think I'm not there" I say sarcastically.
We get closer to the area and I spot Shannon running at me.

"Birthday girl !!!!!" She screeches.

I raise my eyebrows staring at her "Yeah"

She flings around a sparkler smiling and chanting "birthday, birthday, birthday, birthdayyyyyyy!!"

Shannon hugs me with one arm holding the sparkler with the other. "Come on!"

She starts pulling my hand and I stare back at Dom raising his eyebrows.

When I get to her set up I see a fire going with some chairs set up and a picnic table with a bunch of food and a small cake. It's actually really sweet.

" This is really nice" I say looking around "Thanks, you guys"

"It wasn't me look at Dom he's like a romantic or something he planned it. I just got the stuff." She admitted bringing me over to one of the seats by the fire.

I sit and stare into it wondering where I am.

"Clair?! Clair ?? Clair where are you?"
Blood, pain, needing help wondering when someone will find me....
"Clair, this isn't funny where are you ?!"

"Oh my god your moms here....."

Snapping out of it I look up "What ?"

Looking over I can see her charging this way like a bull with a cause.

"Clair what the hell were you thinking. We're leaving now. Please come on."

I look to her then back at Dom and Shannon.

"Mom...."

"No you listen to me after the other night I will not let you out of that house. You need to be in a safe environment. And this is definitely not it.
I appreciate you guys doing this for her but this is not what she needs right now" she looks around at them being judge-mental.

She stands tall and powering as her shoulder length red wavy hair dances in the moon light.

"Mom you don't know what I need. You weren't there nor do you understand how I'm feeling. This isn't something that is just going to be fixed. This is my life and now it's all fucked! My life's ruined and now.......I'm ruined." I stand up and walk off.