Chapter 12

Kousei had Watari over for dinner one evening. His dad was working late again so it was just those two. Kousei thought it would be great time to reveal how he got Sakura to agree to go on him with a date.

"Wait, you're serious? Wow, awesome dude! Just like out of a shoujo manga. I knew you could do it!" Watari said, slightly shocked by happy at the same time.

Kousei seemed a little embarrassed by the praise. "Haha, thanks Watari. Because of you I was able to do this."

"Now just don't blow it when the actual date comes, ok? I can give you tips to help you out."

"Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate it."

Kousei's phone buzzed in the middle of an awkward silence. He checked it really quickly and saw that it was a message from Sakura. I have some ideas if you want to hear them. Mind if I discuss them with you when I drop off the vocal pieces tomorrow?

Kousei showed the phone to Watari. He smiled and said, "Me and Tsubaki were talking about possibilities. We could go to the festival happening soon, or we thought about going to the arcade and bowling would be fun as well. Make it less awkward for you two couples."

"Those sound great! I'll let her know when she comes over tomorrow. Should I get tea ready for her?"

"Definitely! Longer she stays, the longer you'll talk and the more she'll look forward to it."

Kousei texted back. I have some ideas too. I'll have tea ready tomorrow so we can talk about it. Can't wait!

Watari smiled again when he saw what Kousei wrote. "Great!" There was another awkward silence before he asked, "You want me to help clean up in here before she comes?"

"Nah, I got it. It's tomorrow afternoon anyways, so I have lots of time to clean up. Thanks for offering, though."

"No problem," said Watari with a grin. "Well, good luck tomorrow! Let me know how it goes. And thanks for the dinner."

"Of course. Anytime."

At that, Watari left, leaving Kousei slightly panicked about tomorrow. But Kousei left all his insecurities behind so that he could be brave for once.