Chapter 10- Punishment

• Dedicated to All the Penguins

I stared at my little brother, not comprehending what he had said, "Huh?" Had he heard us talking about Elise?

"Dad found out that you've been hanging out with Tristan," He told me and I froze out of fear mixed with shock. I glanced at Jazz and saw a surprised and fearful expression on her face; I probably looked the same way.

I looked back over at Jason, "How much does he know?"

"I'm not sure, he just told me to come get you. He wants to see you in the kitchen right now," He replied. I gulped and practically ran downstairs. I wanted to postpone it, but I was too curious and I knew making him wait would only anger him more. How did he even find out? My first guess would've been Elise, but how could she know where I lived?

I ran into the kitchen and saw Dad, pacing which meant one thing- he was angry; really angry. He glared at me as I walked in, but I barely paid attention to that. My gaze was focused on the person that stood next to him.

"Sam! You told on me!" I yelled. He ducked his head and inched backwards. I scowled at him, not believing it. He had always seemed like the loyal type, but I guess I didn't know him well enough to judge.

Dad snarled, "Riley, don't be getting mad at him. He did the responsible thing and came and told me before you both got too attached. I can't believe you disobeyed me."

"What did he tell you?" I asked, turning my attention to Dad. I needed to know before I admitted something that he didn't already know.

He raised his eyebrows. "He told me that you had been hanging out with a boy from the Mirant Streak. Is there more to it?"

"No, that's all," I lied. When I told him everything else he would be upset I kept it from him, but by then Tristan wouldn't be part of the Mirant Streak anymore. At least if my plan worked.

Dad shook his head. "You're grounded until you decide to tell me the rest. I want your phone and your keys. You will not be allowed to use the television or computer either."

"What!? You're grounding me because I was talking to a really nice guy!?" I exclaimed. In the corner of my eye I noticed Sam shifting awkwardly. Good, he deserved it.

"No, I'm grounding you because you disobeyed me and still are by not telling me everything," He informed me, holding out his hand. I groaned and slapped my phone and car key into it.

Then I shouted, "I'm almost eighteen, I can have secrets! And if I told you, I would be grounded for forever. And you Sam- you are a complete jerk!" I turned and went to leave the kitchen, but my dad called me back in. I reluctantly did it so that I wouldn't be in any more trouble.

"Also, tell your friend she has to go home. That's another part of your grounding," He informed me calmly.

He left the kitchen and I turned to Sam. "Do you realize you just ruined my life?"

"I'm sorry! She forced me to tell him," He whimpered, edging back. It was natural instinct for Streak members to be afraid when their Alpha was angry. And since I had Alpha blood, I was sure he could feel my rage and it probably had the same impact.

But his words dimmed my anger slightly, bringing forward my curiosity. "Who?" He hesitated and I hissed at him, "Damn it, Sam! Tell me who it was!"

"Fine it was some girl that I don't know very well. She was one of the girls that showed up at my party; one of Jack's friends. Her name was Lorena," He told me with a worried look in his eyes. His words made me pause; I had expected the answer to be Elise.

I nodded. "Thanks. Now get out of here, I'm not anywhere near ready to forgive you." He left without complaint and I stayed in the kitchen, wondering who Lorena was.