you broke me first

Song for this chapter: you broke me first

-Tate McRae

❁ ❁ ❁ ❁ ❁

"You stabbed me then pretended you were the one bleeding"

As soon as I get off stage, Grayson wraps his arms around my neck and leans down to place a kiss on my temple.

"I love you." I whisper, my hand wrapping around his jaw to pull him down into a brief kiss. Lyds interrupts and jumps on me, taking us down onto the floor with a loud 'hmmph' as the breath is knocked out of me. She always does this. No wonder I always wake up with bruises littered up my legs.

"Love you too." She shouts into my ear. I push her off of me, and take Grayson's outstretched hand as he hauls me off the ground, leaving Lydia to fend for herself, I notice his eyes trailing over my body, checking for bruises probably before narrowing them at Lydia. She holds her hands out for Myles to pull her up, but he ignores her causing her to scramble up from the floor herself. I watch in amusement as she shoves him, him failing to get away in time.

"You were amazing, sweetheart." My dad compliments as he brings me into his tight embrace, after walking up the aisle from his seat a couple rows from the front. He wanted a front row seat but they're all taken up by students, which he tried to pass off as but sadly with his greying hair he didn't.

"Thank you." I mumble as I pull away and Connor gives me a hug too. We all take our seats briefly after as Reece is performing next after Miss Evans' speech has finished.

"Layla Greene everybody!" She echoes on the stage through the microphone. "I can speak for everyone when I tell you how proud we all are of you Layla and how far you've come." She sends a small smile my way before continuing to speak. "I hope you all enjoy, the students have worked so hard and are so happy to finally show all of their hard work to you." She finishes, sending me one last smile before walking off the stage.

...

Reece played the guitar, some rock piece in which he switched to an electric guitar halfway through, it was fucking cool. And judging by the way Lyds was drooling, she definitely agreed with me.

Grayson sang a beautiful rock rendition of fallin' all in you, causing my heart to beat erratically as I took in how hot he looked from the stage in his black suit, his raspy voice echoing around the theatre - I could still hear his beautiful voice even after his performance ended. He came and sat back down next to me and Myles, kissing my hair as he wraps his fingers around mine.