let her go

Song for this chapter - Let her go

- Passenger

As soon as we get home, we dive straight into helping dad build the furniture for our rooms that was delivered while we were gone.

We first move everything into each of the rooms it was going to go in and then help each other.

We build everything for the bedrooms in five hours, and by the time we were done it is time for dinner, so my dad decides to order two large pizzas.

When I go upstairs again, I just decide to unpack the main objects I need for tonight and continue to unpack tomorrow. I was just beginning to think of ideas of where everything would go anyway, I would need a couple of hours tonight to finalize things.

I texted Lydia earlier, and asked if she was free tomorrow, which she luckily said she was. I wanted to hear her ideas too, she seems like she knows a lot about design, and I want to know more about her too as I found her quite interesting when we first met.

"Connor? You wanna go for a run?" I shout, and when he yells 'no' back I roll my eyes. He is so lazy. Instead of backing out like I would usually do when I had no one to go with, I got change into my running gear and then plug my headphones into my phone, after tying my hair into a ponytail. What better way to get to know the neighbourhood, than going on a run?

It is still boiling outside, despite it being half seven in the evening, I am sweating - not used to this type of intense heat. It is nearing the end of summer here, we only had a couple of days till school started, I just hope I will get everything done before then.

I am really nervous for my first day, despite me denying it profusely to my dad and brother, I didn't want to go at all. I obviously know I had to, but the thought of meeting a whole years worth of new people - and probably a few in senior year because of my brother, really scared me. It wasn't like I wasn't very good at talking to new people, I just haven't been since Cleo, mostly due to the fact that the only new people I met were druggies. There was only one topic of conversation there.

And to be honest I wasn't quite sure whether I wanted to talk to new people, Lydia told me about the mean girls, I'm just not wanting to be caught up in stupid high school drama which I'm sure will happen at some point if I spoke to different people. I think I'd rather keep my head down and have no friends. Except Lydia maybe, if she wanted me.

I start the playlist, and begin to run, not even sure where the hell I was going to go because we just got here today and I wasn't paying attention in the taxi, I am too busy thinking about ideas for my new room.

I developed the habit of running to calm down from rehab, I loved running there. It was the only thing that kept me sane. The feeling after was nothing but complete bliss, I felt relaxed and more mentally stable. It was the best feeling.