Chapter 34- Dormire

Start from the beginning

"That house is massive yet I still can't leave without it going unnoticed by her." He says.

"Anyway we're calling a meeting in the morning. We need to get leads ASAP. The Brazilians are taking it too far and well we're going to get his daughter and wife." Dad says and I nod.

"I want every single person that lives in New York who is part of this mafia here at 9am." Dad tells us, we nod. I sit down in a chair opposite them.

"Are we even close to finding out who she is?" I ask running my hand through my hair.

"Nope." Dad admits running his hand across his face.

"How the hell is it so hard to find out about them?" Gio says sitting beside me.

"No one knows a lot about Marcos right hand. We only know his first name and what he looks like." Dad says going through a draw and pulling out a file.

The tab of the file read 'Carlos (Brazilian right hand)'. I open the file to see two pictures of him. One was a photo of him and Marco's then the other one was the photo of him dad showed everyone with his child. I frown and hand the file back to dad.

"Not even their strongest allies know his last name." Alessandro says and I sigh.

I stand up and they look at me confused .

"I'm going home, we'll deal with this in the morning." I say and head out of the warehouse.

I get back home to see mom sat on the stairs looking down at her hands. As soon as the door opened she looked up.

"Where's your dad?" She asks playing with her ring.

"He shouldn't be too much longer he just had to let everyone know about the meeting in the morning." I say and she nods.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she nods and smiles softly at me.

"Go to bed Jax, you need to get a few hours in." She tells me and I sigh and kiss her cheek before heading up the stairs.

I quickly check in Alannah's room to see her cuddling one of her stuffed animals she brought. I smile and head back into my room.

Lara was still asleep which I was grateful for.

I quickly got back into my joggers and as I stepped out of my closet Lara stirred and sat up.

"Jax?" She whispers as she rubbed her eyes.

I make my way towards the bed and get into bed beside her.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Where did you go?" She asks.

"I just went to get a drink." I lie but she can't tell. I feel so bad about the multiple lies I've told her but I can't tell her yet.

I could just make out the concerned look on her face.

"Why can't you sleep?" She asks.

She sits up and grabs her phone. She squints as she tries to read the time on her phone. It's well past 3am I know that and I took her phone from her hands.

"I'm okay I just woke up thirsty." I lie yet again and she nods.

I lie back down and pull her onto my chest.

****
When my alarm rings I groan. I gently move from under Lara carefully so I don't wake her. I switch my alarm off and sit up.

I get changed into some workout clothes and head down to the basement.

"You look well rested." Gio says and I roll my eyes.

"Shut up." I say and he laughs.

"I can't believe my baby is having sleepovers and actually getting sleep." He says and I roll my eyes before heading over to the treadmill. He joins me on the treadmill beside me and hands me a bottle of water.