Part 28

❤︎

Part 28

"I don't know, Arthit...but something tells me he wasn't acting the whole time... See, when he told me about it, he said that it wasn't an act to him. And he is never able to lie to my face. Thsi means...Daniel really likes you."

❤︎

As Nam and I headed outside campus to meet with May, I couldn't help thinking about what Michael had said. He guaranteed that Daniel's feelings for me were genuine. And if that was the case, then there wasn't supposed to be any problem anymore, right? Because that would mean we liked each other. But there was a problem. He tricked me, and I couldn't forgive him for that. At least not yet.

When we were about to get there, May was already there. When she saw us, she waved at us and signaled us to hurry and tell her.

"So tell me now." She demanded as soon as we were in front of her.

Nam cleared her throat before she spoke. "Jessica paid Daniel so he would get close to Arthit and make him fall for him."

For a minute there, May's face was completely blank. But when the words finally sank in, she immediately looked angry and exclaimed, "What?! Are you being serious?!" And Nam answered to that with a nod. May's jaw dropped. "Daniel actually followed the orders of that annoying crazy girl? How can he be so stupid?"

"Well, he probably needed some money." Nam remarked. "I mean, Jessica did pay him, right? So it's all about the money."

"If he needed money, he could've just come to me. I would've given it to him without asking him to do something like that." May joined in with a frown. "So what are you guys planning to do now?"

Nam smiled mischievously. "Arthit and I came up with a plan and decided that it's not Daniel who's to blame but instead, it's Jessica. And what better way to make her learn a lesson than to beat her on her own game? And so, we're going to do just that." She explained to May with a wicked smile.

"How are you going to do that?" May asked as we started walking.

"We're going to make Kongpob fall for Arthit." Nam exclaimed with a smirk. "After all, that's what this is all about for Jessica, anyway. She takes it as if it were a game. And so, we're going to beat her on her own game."

May frowned and turned to me. "And you agreed to that?" She asked me in shocked tone as if I just agreed to join a sorority.

I nodded. "Of course. Jessica deserves to feel hurt after what she did to Nam, to me, to you." I remarked, trying to justify my crazy decision. "And besides, it isn't like we're doing something evil here. We're just going to give Kongpob a taste of his own medicine too, since he played with Nam's heart too."

"Well, have you ever given it a thought that maybe Kongpob didn't really play with Nam? What if he just thought he could love Nam back, that was why he asked her to be his girlfriend? What if he really tried but just couldn't?" May pointed out, tapping at my conscience.

But I didn't falter. I knew I had made the right decision. "Those are just 'what ifs'. I heard Kongpob admit to his mistake earlier today." I told her. "just think about it, May. What we're doing isn't really wrong. We're just trying to protect ourselves. If we let them get away with all their deceitful ways, then they will continue doing that to us."

May shook her head. "I don't think that this would stop them at all." She remarked with a cynical tone. "I think you're just going to make things worse. What you're doing is feeding the flame when you should be killing it. But I guess we have our own opinions, right? Look, you guys are the ones to decide anyway, so you don't have to convince me. But my advice, give it a lot of thought before you put it to action, okay?"

After that, May and Nam had to go their own ways so we bid goodbye to each other. But when I got home, Nam called me on the phone to talk about our plans for tomorrow's lunch.

"So this is what we're going to do. Joss and I will try to get out of there as soon as possible to leave you two alone. And then, it's up to you to work your magic on Kongpob." She discussed, speaking excitedly. "Don't try to argue with him, okay? Treat him the same way as you treat us. if not, treat him even better."

"Yah, are you saying that I treat people differently?" I remarked. "But wait a minute, Nam. have you thought about what May said earlier? Do you think that maybe what we're going to do is going to make Jessica fight us even more?"

She fell silent for a moment. "I don't think Jessica can be worse than she already is now. And even now when we're not bothering her, she's still attacking us, so I don't think there's going to be any difference." She pointed out, and somehow, it convinced me.

"You know what, you're right." I agreed with her.

"Of course I'm right. I'm always right, aren't I?" she remarked proudly. "So anyway, let's go back to discussing about tomorrow. Let's practice what you're going to say to him. Let's pretend I'm Kongpob, and Joss and Nam have left the scene. Kongpob looks at you, waiting for you to speak first. What do you say?"

Analyzing the situation, I didn't quite agree. "Are you sure he would wait for me to speak? I know for a fact that Kongpob never keeps his mouth shut for more than a minute. So how about you start the conversation, because I really think that's what he's going to do."