Part 26

❤︎

Part 26

"So, will you help me?" I asked Nam, hoping that she would say yes. After all, she was the one who probably knew more details about Kongpob after dating him, so she would definitely be a big help.

She thought about it for a moment as she rubbed her chin. But then she gave me a smile. "I'm in." she answered, then followed, "Operation Seduce Kongpob is officially starting."

❤︎

"Step # 1, you should learn Kongpob's schedule, because the more times you bump into him, the better." Nam was saying as we ate our lunch. "Luckily, I still know it so I'll write it down for you."

She handed me the piece of paper after writing it. And when I saw it, my jaw dropped. It was so detailed, even including the time he goes home and when he reaches his house. "Don't tell me you were stalking him when you guys were together." I exclaimed, looking at her, wide-eyed.

"Then I won't." she responded with a sheepish smile. "Anyway, as you can see there, he's going to be here in about..." she paused to check her watch, then continued, "...five minutes, so before he comes, let's try to come up with a plan for you to approach him."

I looked around, checking for Jessica's presence in the cafeteria. Sure enough, she was there, chatting with one of her fellow obsessed Kongpob fans. "I want something that would make her get out of here once she sees it." I told Nam, feeling my anger rising upon remembering what she did to me.

Remember when I said Nam and I possessed the same kind of evil minds? Well, here was the proof. "That's easy. You can do that just by talking to Kongpob in front of her." She remarked simply. "But here's what you've got to do," she paused, taking something from her pocket. "This is Kongpob's watch. When we became a couple, I took it from him, telling him that as long as I have this with me, he can never have a girlfriend. Tell him that I asked you to send this back to him because I'm ready to let him go."

I observed Nam as she said that, and from what I saw, behind the smile she was showing me as she spoke, there was still pain and it was difficult for her to say it. "Are you serious?" I asked with a frown, feeling like Nam didn't need to do this for me.

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" she replied, still smiling as she placed the watch in my hand. "Now go. And don't even think about bickering in the middle of your conversation."

Seeing how she really seemed sincere with her words, I smiled too, and stood up from my seat. At exactly the same time, Kongpob and Joss entered the cafeteria. I slowly walked up to them, hoping we'd meet at a point where Jessica would have a very very clear view of us.

"Kongpob!" I called cheerily as I approached him. I never really called him that way so it felt a bit awkward. But nevertheless, it got his attention. And he sure was surprised at my sudden friendliness. "Hi, I just wanted to give this to you from Nam." I remarked in a friendly tone. He looked at me with a raised brow, but didn't say anything. I decided to say something more. "And to apologize for losing my temper on you earlier."

Joss was really surprised by what I said. But before he could utter anything, Kongpob suddenly grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the exit. "I'll be right back." He told Joss as he did.

As he pulled me, I tried to glance over my shoulder to see how Jessica was reacting. And to my delight, she had jumped up from her seat and was glaring at us very angrily. It took a lot of effort for me not to laugh. Well, not really, because I was busy trying to pull away from Kongpob's iron grip. He really had a thing for grabbing my wrist and dragging me along all the time. "Where are you taking me?" I demanded when we were already in the hallway.

He stopped walking and turned to me. "I'm taking you to the school clinic." He answered in a serious tone.

"What?! Why are you talking me to the clinic?" I remarked, finally pulling myself free from his grip.

"Because you're ill." He responded simply.

I gave him a glare." Just because I'm trying to be in better terms with you doesn't mean I'm ill!" I pointed out to him. But he still looked at me unconvinced so I tried to defend myself. "Look, I just want to be friends with you, because I realized that your breakup with Nam wasn't really your fault." (Yeah right!)

"But it is my fault." He suddenly admitted with a smirk.

Why was it that whenever I wanted Kongpob to do something, he always did the opposite? For a long time now, I had wanted him to admit his fault on his breakup with Nam in front of people, but he never did. And now that I was trying to get him to lie, he was actually telling the truth. "Well, then I forgive you." I retorted, starting to once again, be irritated.