Part 49

❤︎

Part 49

"Looks like I'm losing my touch." He said with that same all-knowing smile of his, turning back to me. "So, what's your question?"

I thought for a moment before I figured out what to ask. After all, he did say we had to answer the questions honestly, and he didn't set any boundaries on what we can ask.

"Why did you break up with Nam in that way?"

❤︎

"Because it's the truth. I really was tired of playing with her. Pretending to like her." Kongpob answered me straight, like there was nothing wrong with what he did to Nam. He didn't even seem the least bit ashamed or worried about breaking her heart.

Honestly I was quite shocked by his brutally honest answer. I was hoping he'd at least say that he did like Nam at one point and that his love for her just faded, so he broke up with her not to lead her on. 

But from what he said, he was implying that he never liked Nam at all. And this made me over-protective of my friend all over again. "If you knew all along that you'd get tired of playing, then why did you date with her in the first place?! Why her and not some other girl in your fan club?!" I asked him angrily, clenching my hands into fists at my side. 

"Why are you so mad? Weren't you the one who said that I should give Nam a chance because she's a good person?" He answered back, turning serious as he stared at me defiantly.

...  

Ugh...

He was right, I did say that once, when Nam complained of being ignored by Kongpob when they were still strangers. I didn't realize that he heard me say that. But still, it didn't give him the right to play with Nam's heart. "I did say that. But that's more reason not to play with her heart. How can you hurt her feelings when she's such a nice person?" I told him accusingly.

"You make it sound as if I enjoy playing with Nam's feelings..." he remarked in a hurt tone. Could I actually have managed to finally get through his sensitive heart? But then he smiled once more. "...When I heard you say that, Joss started convincing me to give Nam a chance too. He said I had nothing to lose anyway. And who knew, maybe Nam and I were really meant for each other. That's why I chose Nam."

I raised my brow at him in disbelief. How could he expect me to believe that when he broke up with Nam bluntly? "If that was true, why did you break up with her as if she was some toy you got tired of playing?" I shot at him.

"How many times do I have to tell you? I just didn't want to pretend anymore. I was simply telling the truth." He repeated his first statement. Then, as if he read my mind, he added, "Would you rather I told her my love for her faded?"

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, I would actually."

He laughed at that. "Do you think she'd move on easier if I said that? She'd only try to think of ways to get back the feelings she believed I had for her." He explained half-smirking.

"Oh, so you think Nam's moved on by now?" I exclaimed, once again enraged by the fact that he couldn't see that Nam was still hung up from their sudden break-up.

"Of course. Would she have allowed you to go out with me if she hadn't?" he remarked, suddenly making me once again think about my assumption yesterday.

Wait...Could it really be true that the reason why Nam was so excited about our plan on making Kongpob fall for me because she was ready to allow Kongpob to be happy, and not because of revenge? After all, even Daniel somewhat agreed on that. And I couldn't really stop my heart from beating wildly now that I was near him, could I? Maybe it was time for me to drop this revenge thing and start enjoying Kongpob's company, the way Nam, no...my heart wanted me to.

I was about to open my mouth to speak when Kongpob threw the ball back at me and I caught it abruptly against my chest. "That's enough questions. You were supposed to ask only one, but you already asked way too many questions. If you want to ask me another question, shoot the ball." He said teasingly, as if he was confident that I wouldn't succeed.

Rolling the ball in my hands, I glared at him. If he thought I couldn't do this, he was wrong. Now that I had an idea how heavy the ball was, I threw the ball with a greater force, causing it to hit the inner part of the ring, turning around and around. As I watched it circle the ring, I prayed silently so it would go in.

After a moment, the ball finally stopped and went inside the net. Feeling lucky and victorious, I jumped up in joy, turned to Kongpob and stuck my tongue out playfully. "Haha! Bet you didn't think I'd shoot that, did you?" I bragged at him.

"That's what you call beginner's luck. You better ask a very important question now, because you might not be able to shoot in another ball after this." He responded threateningly, but his eyes were playful and I was glad to see him being so happy spending time with me.

I glared at him again as I thought of a question. Since we were somewhat settled with his break-up with Nam, I decided not to ask about it anymore. Besides, from what he had said, I was beginning to think that maybe he wasn't really the insensitive playboy I thought him to be. And when he pointed out that he had dated Nam because I said so, for some reason, it made me feel good inside. Maybe he really didn't have any feelings for Nam...