Kongpob turned and just looked at me like there was something wrong with me so I decided to pretend to be nice to him was useless. I turned back to my usual approach towards him. "Just tell me, how did you learn about it? Have you known it for long?"

"Learn about what? About your love for chocolates with almonds?" He responded with a naive expression and that twinkle back in his dark eyes. But I knew that he was aware of what I was talking about. He was just teasing me again.

"Never mind." I exclaimed angrily, turning around and starting to walk away from him.

That was when he turned serious again. "I heard them talking about it, the day of the varsity's first game." He finally answered my question.

"Then why didn't you tell me then?!" I blurted out, turning back to him. "No, wait, why would you tell me now? Of course you wouldn't tell me, since you seem to enjoy making me feel like a fool. I bet you probably even planned this thing earlier, didn't you?"

I didn't know why, but there was something about Kongpob that always made me throw my anger at him. I knew for a fact that I shouldn't be mad at him because it was Daniel who was my enemy right now. But somehow, I always felt emotional around him and simply wanted to vent out my anger at him.

He really was messing with my feelings a lot.

Before I could drag us into an even bigger fight, I turned to walk away, feeling extremely frustrated. Everything Daniel had told me before, the cake, asking for my number, all of them were just a result of Jessica's plans. How could she be so insensitive to play with my feelings like that? I know it was all because of her jealousy towards me and Kongpob, but it wasn't as if I'd steal Kongpob away from her. I wasn't the type of person who would date a best friend's ex, and she, of all people, should know that, after I let myself be humiliated by doing my mission of destroying Kongpob just for Nam. Jessica knows I dislike Kongpob! Heck, everyone does... So why does she still hate me so much?

Before I entered my classroom, Daniel suddenly called me from behind, causing me to put on a fake smile as I turned and greeted him. "Hey!" I spoke enthusiastically.

"Sorry about earlier, Michael suddenly asked me to help him with his homework." Daniel apologized as he and I entered the room side by side.

I faced him without removing my smile. "It's okay, I understand." I lied. Then I waved at him and headed for the seat beside Nam. When she saw me, she smiled brightly and nudged me lightly. "What did he tell you?" she asked excitedly.

For a moment, I couldn't believe how she could still be like that after what I learned of Daniel. But then I remembered that no one knew about it yet, except for me, Kongpob and Jessica. (And maybe Kongpob's fan club) and so, I decided to once again, pretend like nothing was wrong.

"Nothing, he just said hi." I lied, avoiding her eyes by rummaging through my bag so I wouldn't be caught lying. "Do we have any homework today?"

"Wait a minute, you've just cried, haven't you?" she suddenly exclaimed as she looked at me with squinted eyes. She must've noticed my voice quivering though as I was trying hard to hide it. "What happened?"

Just as I opened my mouth to explain, the teacher suddenly walked in. And so, I just took out a clean sheet of paper and began to write what happened earlier. When I handed her the paper, the teacher was, luckily, facing the board, writing an equation. But she almost called everyone's attention when she exclaimed in shock upon reading it. "What???"

"Shh!" I whispered to her as I held her arm.

"How could Jessica do something as evil as that?" she asked me in a whisper. 

I shrugged in reply, afraid that if I uttered a word, our teacher would hear me and confiscate the paper. Nam realized that too, and started writing her words on the paper. She wrote that she should've realized it earlier, remembering the kind of mean and attacking treatment Jessica gave her when she was still dating Kongpob. "She is really desperate for Kongpob and now that he isn't with me anymore, she'll do anything just to get him." Nam wrote.

Once again, my mischievous brain started to function. If Jessica was so obsessed with trying to win Kongpob, then if someone was to race her and end up winning against her, she'd definitely be real pissed. 

And if I would do that, then I bet she'd be absolutely furious. 

It didn't matter that I didn't really like Kongpob, because in this way way I could get revenge on Jessica and on Kongpob for playing with Nam's heart. 

It was like hitting two birds with one stone.

I continued to formulate my revenge plan, while our teacher discussed about the equations on the board. 

When the class finally ended, I tapped Nam's shoulder excitedly and told her about my plan. And when I did, she just gave me an unreadable expression.

"So, will you help me?" I asked her, hoping that she would say yes. After all, she was the one who probably knew more details about Kongpob after dating him, so she would definitely be a big help.

She thought about it for a moment as she rubbed her chin. But then she gave me a smile. "I'm in." she answered, then followed, "Operation Seduce Kongpob is officially starting."

❤︎