~one~

"Blue or red?"

Felicity's fingers tapped expertly against her laptop. "Red."

"You didn't even look up from your screen."

Felicity squinted, scanning the page of the website she brought up. "It doesn't matter what I think anyway."

"Why not?"

"Because you'll just ignore me and choose whatever you like in the end."

Laurel huffed, "That is not true!"

Felicity finally met her eyes, "You know I'm right."

Laurel squared her shoulders. "Fine, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway since I'll be wearing it." She said a little rudely.

Felicity didn't miss the hostility in her words, but didn't say anything. It was better to leave it before it blew up in her face in the long run. She knew from experience.

Laurel, not appreciating her lack of attention, scoffed and turned back to her closet to examine another piece of clothing to wear on their first day of college. Felicity, used to her attitude, continued to scan through the college website. She pushed her glasses up a bit as she noticed it slipped down while she was hunched over the laptop. Adjusting her position on Laurel's bed, she glanced at her friend out of the corner of her eye, who was currently posing with a yellow top in the full length mirror.

"What time is your first class tomorrow?"

Laurel, pretending she didn't hear the little blonde's comment, took out a gold sequined tank to replace the yellow shirt she had before. As she checked herself out in the mirror, Felicity sighed. When Laurel gets like this, no matter who's fault it was, it's easier for Felicity to apologize and take the blame.

"Sorry for my unnecessary comment."

Laurel spun around and beamed, "It's okay, just don't say it again," she suddenly turned serious, "Got it?"

Felicity nodded, and out of boredom, started to hack into the dorm's wifi,
since only two devices can be connected per dorm. Both spots were taken by a possession of Laurel's, being her smartphone and the laptop. Getting through the wifi easily, Felicity proceeded to connect her tablet and phone to the server also.

"To answer your last question, I have Legal Studies at ten."

Laurel was training to become a lawyer, and was expected nothing less since her father, who raised her and her sister Sara their entire life, was a detective on the police force.

"Alright, I've got Fundamental Programming Concepts at 11:00, so can we walk together?"

Laurel made a face, "Oh, I can't. I promised Sara that I'd meet her for coffee before then." She shrugged, "What can I do?"

For starters, Felicity could tag along. She knew the eldest sister pretty well, but it seemed like Laurel didn't WANT her to come. Sara was in her third year of college, so that makes Laurel already well known. Knowing her, she probably didn't want to be seen with the nerdy girl as her best friend on the first day.

Trying not to get her feelings hurt, Felicity nodded. "No worries. I'll just find someone else to walk with me."

Laurel turned back to the mirror while Felicity absentmindedly shifted through some old photos Laurel had stored on her laptop. One was of the two girls canoeing back in middle school. The picture was taken without either of them knowing, and right before the canoe tipped over and sent the girls in the water. They wore puffy orange life vests, and they were laughing. Felicity smiled sadly. What happened to that Laurel?

She shut down the laptop shortly after that.