chapter 3

200 years ago, a ship clashed against the waves of the sea.

 "We have spent months searching for this fabled Island of Darkness, but all my eyes have seen is ocean. I fear my crew has given up, but I hold out hope that it exists. -Captain Soto"

The captain of the ship, Soto wrote in the ship's log. He closed the book and hid it in a compartment in the desk. Soto walked out onto the deck where his crew was. 

"This is no time for fooling around! Who's steering the ship?!" Soto shouted. 

"Don't worry captain. No-eyed Pete is behind the wheel!" a wasted crew member announced.

"No! Not no-eyed Pete!" Soto yelled as he looked up at the wheel. Steering was a pirate with two eye-patches on and a parrot on his shoulder.

"Left! No! Your other left!" the parrot verbally directed. Outside, there was fog over the water, and through it, land apeared.
"The island of darkness?" A crew member asked.
"No you fool!" Soto took control of the ship.
"He steered us back into Ninjago! All hands on deck!"

The ship crew scattered as the the waves pushed the boat closer to the land. But there was soothing that could be done.
"Brace for impact!" Soto yelled.

The ship his the rocks and sunk down into the ocean.

-present day!!!-

Kai had oven mitts on to act as targets and held his hands out for loud to punch them.
"Keep it up!" Kai said.
"Ha! Fists of fury!" Lloyd called out as he punched the targets.
"You can't even see a move I'm so fast!" Lloyd continued to punch.

"Save the gloating. It can only be used against you by your enemy." Kai said.
"Oh please! I'm ready to face what ever you throw at me!" Lloyd kicked Kai down.

"Woah! Grasshopper. You're not even ready to face my pinky toe!" Kai smirked.

"I see the student has become the teacher. You will learn fast Lloyd, with lessons from the five ninja." Sensei Wu said, drinking his tea.

"Great! Now that that lesson is over, how about some target practice! On Kai!" Cole exclaimed. Kai flinched.
"You'll each get your turn. But first, I don't want you to be late for your next lesson with Nya." Sensei said.

"Aww! But when will I learn spinjitzu?" Lloyd complained.
"Ah, patience. It will only be unlocked, when the key is ready to be found." Sensei said. Lloyd sighed then walked away.

"Heh, sound familiar?" Cole asked.
"I wasn't that winey." Kai claimed.
"No, you were worse." Zane said.

"Did uh, anyone see Morro?" Jay asked.
"He told me he wasn't feeling it today so he'd help out with the dragon. What ever that means." Zane said

"Okay, guys, I know we're trying to prepare Lloyd for the future, but it's hard to give him the best training in these conditions." Jay said.
"Jay's right." Cole agreed.
"I miss the destiny's bounty. To bad it's gone."

"Hmm. I see your point. Perhaps we could find somewhere elso to aid in his journey." Sensei said.

On top of the little building complex, Nya and Morro were tending to the ultra dragon's injuries, that seemed to be healed.

"Are you smiling yet?" Nya asked.
"What?" Morro looked at the samurai.
"I herd you talking to sensei. Are you smiling yet?" Nya asked again.
"I'm trying. It's hard." Morro said.
Nya turned to see a pretty bland facial expression.
"I can see."

Lloyd walked up to the two.
"Hey, you're here." Morro said.
"Okay, Lloyd! Now that I've given him his medicine, he should be able to fly properly soon." Nya said patting the fire dragon's head.