I laugh. "Been there." I can't agree more.

She smiles. "I'm Stacey, by the way." She stretches her hand, and I shake hands with her.

"I'm Melanie. Nice to meet you, Stacey."

"Pleasure to meet you too." She breaks into a large grin, and I already like her bubbly attitude. "I'm from Washington, just moved into the dorm. Have you got yours?"

"Actually -" I stumble upon my words, feeling slightly embarrassed to say that my parents actually bought a house here just to accommodate their kids. "I live in a house here, with my brother."

She looks surprised. "That's cool."

I just shake my head.

"What are you doing after this?" she asks. "Have you looked into the community clubs? They're promoting their booths in Hall B."

"No, I haven't," I say, feeling excited to explore. "Been wanting to join one of them but haven't decided which one is the best."

"Would you like to come with me, then?" she asks.

"Absolutely." I giggle as we slowly make our way out of the lecture hall.

"I've been dying to join the orchestra." She sighs as we walk along the corridor.

My eyes widen. "They have an orchestra?" Excitement builds up inside me. I didn't join any music club in high school because I focused too much on my studies -- but screw that now. I want to make my life to the fullest now that I've made it into the college of my dream.

"Yes, we do have it here," she says, sounding like she didn't expect my reaction. "Do you play any musical instrument?"

"I play the piano," I tell her the truth, and she gasps, making us halt.

"Seriously?" She beams with delight. "That's nice. I play the violin. I didn't expect that from you."

I raise my brow, and she quickly corrects her point. "Sorry. I mean, you look like the cheerleader type. Not the classical music lover," she says, resuming steps again. "Please don't be offended. You're just so barbie-doll-like gorgeous that people can make such assumption. Have you noticed how many people turned their heads when they saw you? And this comes from me, who just started walking with you a few minutes ago."

I snort, laughing as I walk beside her. I always wonder why people tend to exaggerate it when they call me pretty. Seriously, I've seen many girls prettier than me.

When we arrive in the hall, I gawk at the surrounding. The hall is huge and filled with booths, new students scattered around the place. We pass some art and literature booths where the seniors are busy explaining the club to the freshmen, and one particular booth catches my attention. It seems that it gives the same effect to Stacey too, because she also stops beside me.

It's the dance club. The thing that makes our heads turn is the video playing on the projector screen. It's one of their dance performances, and what makes it eyecatching is the brunette in the video. She is so enchanting, moving delicately and effortlessly beautiful in what seems to be a combination of ballet and contemporary dance. She emits an aura that accentuates not only sexiness and sultriness but also elegance. I don't know what they call the dance is, but she makes me want to learn it.