CHAPTER 32: Jirou's Gamble

Start from the beginning

As I began finishing up the story, I knew something had changed within me. It was then when I noticed how angry I truly was. I'm getting fooled way too easily, this is exactly what Kaminari wanted. He trapped me in this cage of heartbreak and sorrow, lusting for his former self. I've been stupid.

"I'll do it. I'll talk to Denki," I declared, "You're right, Momo. I will no longer hide in the shadows. No more of that. That villain thinks I'm just some precious little glass bead he can toy with? Well, he's about to learn how dead wrong he is."

...............................

Easier said than done, Earphone Jack. Seeing him sitting there in front of me right now, I wanted to cry so bad. If only I could fall into Denki's arms and hug him so tight, the monster inside of him would escape. But I forced myself not to. You no longer have me trapped in your little cage, I thought.

As I looked around, I noted that the roof was a vast, open space, big enough to hold two volleyball courts. There was nothing else on the beige surface except for a few cardboard boxes at the back, and some old candy bar wrappers here and there. Of course, there was also me and my crazy boyfriend.

I took a huge gulp before speaking up.

"Denki, I—"

"K-Kyoka..." said Kaminari, clutching onto his hair, "I...League of Villains...Kirishima...Dabi...No! Noooo!" He rolled onto the floor, and let loose a strangling scream. It shook the whole building, and I was sure the others felt it too, 'cause I heard Momo through my earpiece immediately.

"Jirou?" Momo called from the other side of my earpiece, "Everything okay up there?"

I stared at my insane boyfriend, and somehow, I had an idea of what was happening. But first, I had to make sure.

"Momo," I whispered, "Don't worry. I've got it under control."

"Okay...but"

I threw my earpiece over the side of the building, before she could finish her sentence. If they choose me to execute the rest of Momo's plan, then I get to choose how I want to play it. And I choose to play it alone. I was pretty much taking a gamble, since I had no solid plan, but I wasn't keen on turning back. After all, no one was better suited for this job than me.

Carefully, I kneeled down and waited for Denki to look me in the eye. He was muttering random conflicting words now, like he had two completely different personalities. Kind of reminded me of the villain, Twice. When his eyes met mine, he didn't look much better. Honestly, it looked like he wanted to puke.

"Say something," he begged, "Anything."

"Okay," I said, choosing my words carefully, "Let's see...do you remember that one rainy night in the common room, where you slapped Kirishima's soda can out of his hands?"

As I spoke, Denki began to calm down as if recalling that memory, and his evil golden eyes began to glow. I recounted the entire night, mentioning the fact that we were heartbroken from his betrayal.

"Yes..." he said, nodding, "Yes, I betrayed you. I am no hero. I am Thunderstroke, the traitor of U.A. I am invincible!" Loud thunder followed his speech, and gray clouds began to form. Denki stood straight up now, staring right at me and putting on a sly smile, the one I remember he wore when he came to my room last night. Ugh, I hate Deja-Vus.

"My darling Kyoka," he soothed, "You look ravishing as usual. Did you bring me up here to destroy your heart some more? I was sure the kiss would have done the trick but looks like you just can't get enough of my charms."