Chapter 15 - Dream

Start from the beginning

"Cross. What's with the brick?" Star dropped the staff and put his hands on his hips.

Cross looked from one side of the room to the other. "Well, I had to get here quick. Where's Night- I mean Moon?"

"Up in bed." Star's reply was soon proven un-true as Moon appeared as well.

"What's going on? Oh hey Cross. It's good to see you." Moon had a massive smile on his face as he approached Cross and gave him a huge crushing hug.

Cross smiled happily. "It's good to see you too Moon. The group misses you!" Cross hugged back and felt Moon pat his back.

"Tell 'em I miss them too." Moon said. "But everyone keep your voices down, I think Nightmares asleep and Dream should be nodding off." Cross nodded in acknowledgement.

"Sure. But I have something urgent to tell you two." Cross furrowed his brows as he glared down at the floor.

Star and Moon shared a quick glance. "Why what's wrong?" They asked in unison.

"Well, I've began noticing that Ink come's to this timeline an awful lot. So I decided to follow him. And I found him going to a castle that was really far, far away from here. It seemed as though some kingdom was getting ready for a celebration or something. And I heard some people discussing about the guardian of positivity." Cross began explaining a little, fishing out a small notebook from his pocket to continue to get his thoughts in order.

"Guardian of positivity. Well that's not me anymore. Well it's past me." Star thought.

"Well done." Moon commented. Star just rolled his eyes.

Cross scanned other his notes really quickly. "Okay, well Ink was pretty much giving off you guys' key information and telling whoever he was talking to. They were after 'eternal happiness' but not after the 'golden apple's anymore' because 'they would kill the consumer'."

Star nodded. "You think it was those alley people who offered to get Dream a book or something. And they were asking questions about the tree." Star thought, standing next to Cross, looking other his shoulder to look at the notes.

"It's a possibility." Moon agreed, looking outside. "But, Ink's such a snake."

"Yeah, he ratted to those people's about weakness of you and Star. Like saying that if some people attacked 'Nightmare' with a positive outlook 'Nightmare' would be weaker against the attacks. And if some people attacked 'Dream' with a negative outlook 'Dream' would be weaker against the attacks."

Star clenched his fist in annoyance, marching other to one of the chair's and throwing it across the room. "GRRR!" He yelled.

"Woah, Star calm down." Moon marched other as well, grabbing hold of Star and putting him in an iron griped hug. "Star." He continued sternly.

"It's not fair! I thought he was my friend!" Star began crying.

Cross quickly sprinted other to Star and took hold off his Star's hands. "Hey, Star I know. Ink's a betrayed you're trust. I know what it's like. But can you please be calmer? For me and Moon?" Cross had a hopeful gleam in his eyes.

Star interlocked his hand with Cross. "I know, I know. I just feel so betrayed." Star sunk down, feeling defeated. "Can't he just go away?"

Cross gave a sympathetic smile to both off the brothers. Moon soon spoke up. "So what does this mean then? A kingdom after eternal happiness?" Moon loosened his grip a little. Moon soon got a random flash to those three people who had a light blue crown on their uniform, the people who were trying to steal the golden apple.

Cross shrugged his shoulder. "I'm not too sure. I just over heard it and thought I would report it back to you guys. I'm sorry I couldn't help more."

"No thank you Cross, for letting us know." Star thanked, giving his friend a caring smile.

"It's no problem." Cross looked off to the side again. Looking and meeting the eyes of Nightmare and Dream. Both who had woken up after hearing Star's frustrated yells. "Oh hi." Cross waved to the two boys.

Moon and Star turned to look at Dream and Nightmare. "You two should be asleep, or going to sleep." Moon swooped his way other picking up the boys. "C'mon let's get you two back to sleep." Moon gave a quick wave to Cross.

Cross saw that Dream and Nightmare lingered a bit, looking other at Cross. Nightmare instantly recognised Cross from the photo and his eyes went a brighter lavender colour, Nightmare smiled happily and waved happily to Cross, who also waved back. Dream and Nightmare soon followed behind Moon and headed back to bed. Star and Cross soon both looked at one another. "Cross?"

"Yeah?"

"Since Ink has told certain people me and Moon's weakness. Are you still able to help with guarding Nightmare and Dream?" Star wondered, twiddling his thumbs.

Cross nodded. "Of course my offer still stands. I'd be more than happy to help still." Cross assured.

"Thank you Cross. Be sure to tell your teammates that you'll be staying with us for a while. I wouldn't want them to worry." Star instructed.

Cross continued to nod in assurance. "Yes. I'll tell them. Maybe even invite Error to come and help battle Ink." Cross let out a light hearted laugh.

Star also laughed a little. "Yeah. They seem pretty evenly matched." Star was suddenly met with a coloured portal in their living room.

"Yeah. Any way I'll see you soon." Cross waved as he went through the portal.

"See you soon." He waved as Cross soon disappeared.

Moon soon saw that Nightmare and Dream soon fell asleep. Moon having put Nightmare's book on the shelf and instead handed a teddy bear to him instead. Nightmare and Dream instantly were cuddled together like they were in the tree. Moon called to Star announcing that he was also going to sleep. Star put some stuff on the window where the brick was thrown and headed back to sleep as well. 

--------------------

Dam it Ink. Of course I've made him an antagonist. But what on earth will he do?

What's gonna happen?

Who knows. 

Anyway, I really hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night.