Chapter 10 - Trying to build

Moon was finally done. No longer was he going to sleep on the base off the tree. His back was breaking in half and it was time that he got a bed, blanket and pillows. An idea hit him. What if the four of them got a house next to the Tree?

Moon got up from the stump off the tree, stretching. Today was the day. No more ruff sleeping. He could build a house easily, he made a castle in less that five minutes. Moon went down the hill onto the more flat part, which were still far away from that cursed village. He soon began making a square patch in the mud with a stick that he had found. That would be the foundation for the new home.

Nightmare and Dream were still up in the tree. Looking other at what Moon was up to.

Nightmare began to walk on one off the branches to get a better look. "What's he doing?" He tilted his head in confusion.

Dream climbed on the branch above him. Lying down on the branch and looking other. "He grabbed more sticks." Dream pointed.

"I can see that." Nightmare rolled his eye's. "Why's he placing it up like that?"

Dream gasped. "Maybe he's building a pen for rabbits!" Dream suggested, rabbits were very local in the forest. In fact they usual saw a small family of rabbits come from the forest to say hello.

Nightmare raised a brow. "I don't think so." Nightmare saw then that Moon had grabbed a lot of large stones and was placing them around the sticks and inside the square area he had made. "This is so confusing." Nightmare sighed.

"If it's not for rabbits. Then what's it for?" Dream questioned even more throwing his hands up in the air.

Nightmare was still just as puzzled. "I have no clue!" Nightmare exclaimed, having a distressed yet jokey tone.

Dream suddenly came crashing down onto the ground. Landing on his feet. "Let's go ask Moon!" Dream soon began running.

"Hey! Wait for me!" Nightmare called out, before climbing down.

Dream stopped in his tracks waiting for his brother he caught up to him quickly. "Moony!" Dream yelled at Moon before Nightmare and Dream began running down.

Moon looked up. "Yeah?!" Moon called up. "What's the problem?" He asked.

"Me and Nighty want to know what you're doing!" Dream gave a wide smile, instinctively taking hold of Nightmare's hand, Nightmare shook his head in agreement.

"Well let's just say. That when I'm done you'll never gonna want to sleep in that tree in anymore. Trust me on this one." Moon put a hand on Nightmare's shoulder.

"But what are you doing?" Nightmare inquired.

"Building a house." Moon wiped his forehead then, throwing his hoodie onto the grass. "I just hope it doesn't rain while I'm in the middle of building this." He sighed a little, his tendril's suddenly sprouted again. Getting the sticky substance on the grass. "Perfect timing." He mumbled using the goop to stick the stones together.

"Do you even know how to build a house?" Dream laughed a tiny bit. "Also. Can I help?!" Dream eye's went to stars quickly.

Moon smiled, in a caring manner.

"No."

"What? Why?" Dream said in a whiny tone. "I can help!" Dream puffed his cheeks up.

"Ah my sweet naïve brother." Moon petted the top off Dream's head.

Dream looked up at Moon confused. "But... Nighty's my brother."

Moon paused for a moment. Realising now he had made a slight mistake, but he can fix this, no need to panic. "Oh sorry Dream. You just remind me a lot of Star when he was little." Moon apologised quickly a bead of swear running down his head.

Nightmare was then staring at Dream. "Yeah you two actually look a lot alike!" Nightmare exclaimed. "Like he's the adult version off you!"

Dream nodded enthusiastically. "That means when I get older then! I'm gonna be very calm and responsible!"

Dream and Nightmare began laughing. Now Moon didn't really know how to feel, while he had swerved from one problem he may have created a new one. Since that was true. They were right. Star was the adult version of Dream.

Speaking of Star he had just appeared. "Moon, what on earth are you doing?"

"Building a house." Moon repeated. "Don't worry. We won't have to sleep against wood no longer."

Star sighed in irritation, face palming. His hand pulling his face a little. "Moon. We don't need a house. We have the tree." Star gestured to the tree.

"THE TREE THAT'S BREAKING MY BACK!" Moon shouted patting his back. "MY BACK IS BROKEN AT THIS POINT!"

"But you can lift those stones." Star raised his brows unamused folding his arms.

Moon nodded shutting his eyes. "It's a sacrifice I have to make."

"Well I'm gonna make some tea. Also I'll help with the house after that." Star said, somehow getting a kettle on and boiling the water. Making himself so good ol' tea.

"See I knew you couldn't stand sleeping against that stump." Moon let out a loud laugh.

Star shrugged. "Boys come on. It's far too hot out in the sun and you two are going to get a sun burn if you're not careful." Star sat down under the forest tree's.

Nightmare quickly ran underneath to sit down next to Star. Star passing him a book that he had gotten from the library. Nightmare eyes lit up.

"Thank you Star!" Nightmare thanked hugging Star tightly.

Star patted the top of Nightmare's head. "It's not a problem." Nightmare soon opened up the book and began reading the first page off his new book. "Dream! Get in the shade!" He called out.

"I'm helping Moony!" Dream was holding a pebble and placing it with the stone's.

Moon gave a thumbs up, picking up Dream and putting him on his shoulder. "Now, we need some logs!" Moon pointed at the forest. "Onwards we go!"

Dream began giggling happily. Nightmare was humming the words as he read them. Moon was being chaotic as he normally would and Star was now wondering what he would have to do later on in the afternoon.

Spoiler Star would need to do a lot of work.

But it was a nice sunny afternoon. Star taking a sip off his tea as he waited for the chaos to unfold. Soon feeling as though Nightmare was leaning against him. Another wave of nostalgia began washing other Star, as he relaxed against one of the tree's. A bird began hopping around them, as their songs began to fill the atmosphere. 

============

Some fluff off the boi's. 

Because of course they deserve to be happy. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, have a wonderful day/night and I'll try and update soon.