Chapter 6 - Hurt

Thank you to  OneGalaxiePen for this amazing suggestion. I had fun writing it and I hope you enjoy it. 

Warnings: Mentions of death and gore.

Please proceed with caution if you are uncomfortable with this subjects. 

====================================

Star and Nightmare began walking down the village. Looking at all the bright decorations that hung from roof to roof. All having the symbols off the apple's that were swaying softly back at the tree. Nightmare was taking in all the amazing sweet smells that were there, fresh pies, pastries and other delicious baked goods were out on display.

Moon and Dream were back at the tree. Star having told Nightmare that they could look around the villager, as Moon and Dream were sleeping, holding him in a protective big brother hug. Nightmare had decided that he wanted to get Dream something to make him feel a bit better about losing his tooth.

"Star!" Nightmare exclaimed tugging on one of Star's twin tails. "Could we get something sweet for Dream and Moon?" He inquired happily, smiling widely.

Star petted the top of Nightmare's head. "Of course we can." He agreed, seeing as though Nightmare began laughing childishly. "What should we get?"

Nightmare went towards one of the stalls then. Still too short to look other the stall and see the other goods. Nightmare huffed in annoyance, puffing his cheeks out similar to his younger brother.

"Can't see?" Star snuck up behind him, startling Nightmare. Nightmare soon then felt Star pick him up from under his arms and place him on Star's shoulders. "Better?"

"Woah, You're really tall!" Nightmare declared, his eyes pretty much beaming with joy as they went from a regular lavender to a lighter shade.

Star laughed a little. "Why thank you." He thanked simply, chuckling to himself as he thought 'Only if he knew that he would grow to be taller than me'.

Nightmare then looked down at the stall, now towering other the stall. "Oh there's star shaped cookies!" Nightmare pointed towards them. "We should get some."

"Of course. I'm positive Dream and Moon will like them." Star agreed, soon getting shoved quite roughly. Making sure that Nightmare was alright as he had stumbled rather badly, but regained his composure. "Um excuse me." Star said passive aggressively. "You don't need to budge us. You could of just asked us to move."

A dark chuckle came from the person who came in front of him. "Of course I could've." They had a rather strong accent, which Star recognised as being an accent most people had from UnderFell, but never here. The fun part was that they also had a golden tooth with a cigar wedged in between. "But I didn't." He puffed a large waft of smoke towards the two of them.

Star put one of his hands other Nightmare's mouth and nose. Star was disgusted by this, once the smoke moved past and he made sure Nightmare was okay. "You know he's a child right?" Star lifted Nightmare from his shoulders and put Nightmare on to the ground.

"And?" The stranger said taking the cigar from his teeth and stamping it in the ground.

"You shouldn't blow smoke in a child's face. It's bad for their health." Star answered.

"Who said?"

'Oh right' Star remembered. 'This is a medieval world. There's no scientific evidence that smoking is bad.' Star looked off to the side quickly, not in embarrassment as the stranger thought.