Chapter 15 - Dream

Dream couldn't sleep at night. He didn't feel like sleeping at the moment. The moonlight was hitting him in the eyes, but he wanted to continue looking at the moonlight, despite now getting extremely sleepy. Dream sat down on his knee's as he leaned against the window sill.

Dream glanced down towards Nightmare, who had a book in the bed where he was asleep. Dream thought it was weird, but then again him and Nightmare were both weird. After all they were immortal and looked after a sacred tree, keeping balance off the positive and negative feelings.

Nightmare was sound asleep, snoring lightly. Hugging the book that the two had recently got from the library. It was a book about dragons. All sorts of dragons from all other the world. Nightmare loved dragons, sometimes Dream wondered why. Though he had to admit some of the scaly patterns that the dragons had were pretty.

Peering outside off the window once again, a bird landed on the window sill outside. Dream's eyes widened seeing that the bird was a royal purple, with a white chest and beak. Dream opened up the window to greet the small bird.

Dream scooped up the little bird and cupped it gently. "Hi." He whispered oddly excited by his midnight guest. "Oh you're really cold." He continued finally seeing that there was little icicles on the bottom off the feathers. "That's curious. It's spring." He mumbled, though instantly being quite as he heard Nightmare turn around in his bed.

Dream clambered out of his bed, bird in hand as he went other to where Moons room was on the left. Moon was snoring a lot louder and was constantly tossing and turning, throwing the blanket to all four corners of the bed.

Dream crawled other to Moon. "Moon. Moon. Pst Moon. Moon. Moon."

"Cross the chocolates in the cupboard." Moon replied sleepily turning his back to Dream.

"I'm Dream you banana." Dream sat up on Moon's bed. "Moony, Moon." Dream poked Moon's cheek. "Moon, I found a bird."

"That's nice" Moon yawned sitting up, a sleepily gaze coming to look at the bird. "Where on earth did you find a bird in the middle off the night?" Moon questioned.

"It was on the window sill. So I scooped it up." Dream replied, seeing as though Moon was examining the bird.

"What odd colours." He carefully scooped up the bird. "Never seen a purple and white bird before." Moon commented.

Dream blinked in surprise as the bird suddenly flapped up and landed on top of Dream's head. The two were slightly surprised. Since the bird now nuzzled into his thick golden curly hair. Moon squinted his eyes a little as he went eye to eye against the small bird.

The small bird hissed and pecked Moon's nose, causing him to yell out in pain. "OW!"

Dream giggled a little. "Bad birdy" He fake scolded.

"Yeah, bad birdy indeed." Moon grumbled sinking back into the mattress. "Anyway. You might wanna release back into the wilderness." Moon suggested.

"Okay." Dream mumbled a little sadly as he then left Moon's room. Going down the stairs and opening the back door, which was locked, of course. Dream bit the inside of his cheek as he wondered what to do in order to release the small bird.

When suddenly, a brick soon came flinging through the window, next to the kitchen. Dream screamed out before bolting up the stairs in fear. He jumped back into his bed, deciding that he would release the bird in the morning.

Star woke up instantly, getting up and heading downstairs, maybe he grabbed a certain staff that he made from a stick on the ground in the forest. Star crept down and dived behind the chair. Though when he saw who came inside, he just sighed.