Chapter 5 - Welcome

Moon was sadly correct. Somehow the village was done in under a week and already a grand vast of the luscious tree's had disappeared. A few villagers at a time began settling in with their families. The children seemed to always be glancing up at the tree on the hill, gazing upon the luscious golden apples.

However, Star and Moon didn't really mind the children really. It was the older villagers, who were the children's parents that they were more concerned about. As the children were kind hearted and polite. Inviting both Nightmare and Dream to run around the bottom of the hill and go to the fields nearby to pick at some of the flowers that were there.

Since it was the beginning off the villagers settlements... the adults didn't have any hate towards Nightmare and his negative aura, as they didn't know about it.

Moon was sat under the hill at the moment. The shade's off the leaves hiding him from the scorching sun. Star was in the sunshine though, keeping a close eye on their younger versions who were happily rolling down the hill.

The sounds off drums began to ring out in the air. Bringing a rhythmic beat along with them. Star and Moon looked other to the direction that the banging of drums appeared, seeing that many off the villagers were their bearing gifts. Most of them were small toys, made of either wood or were soft toys such as teddy bears.

"Oh it's that day already?" Moon sat up right, getting up and tapping Star on the shoulder. Moon continued to jog down the hill.

Star remained sat down. Feeling instant regret for this one moment, that he couldn't of known was going to spiral out of control and make his brother feel horrible like an evil entity.

He inhaled sharply, soon snapping out of his thought.

"You coming?" Moon asked quickly.

Star shook himself. "Yeah..." Star got up. "Just thinking off something."

Moon raised a brow. "I didn't ask." Moon told Star giving him a hand. "Well let's go and burn those toys." Moon said, rather cheerfully in a strange way.

Nightmare and Dream were a little scared at seeing all these taller people holding strange items in their hands. Nightmare being the older and taller of the two had brought Dream towards him. Nightmare was a little fearful about what they were holding, but most importantly was more intrigued. Dream as well was intrigued by the items as his eyes morphed other into stars.

"Night what's going on?" Dream whispered to him.

Nightmare shrugged. "I don't know." He replied in a whisper as well.

The tapping off a staff soon also appeared. As a small elderly looking lady appeared, holding a book under her arm. Nightmare and Dream exchanged looks, obviously clearly confused.

"Hello, young guardians." She spoke dawning a small smile. "We have come to offer you gifts." Who they assumed was probably the village elder.

"Why?" Nightmare questioned.

"Because you look after the tree of Feelings, for us to keep positive emotions." She replied simply.

"And the negative emotions." Dream added. "There needed for balance." He mumbled a little more, seeing as though a few of the taller villagers glared at the smaller one.

The village elder soon saw some of the glares that were given. "You lot behave." She shot a huge glare towards the villagers. "Here." She waved her hand and some of the villagers put the toys on the ground. "We hope you enjoy these gifts"

Moon and Star soon appeared then. Noticing the crocodile and bear from earlier in the week. Moon and Star just glared at everyone there. Moon especially smirked, slightly reminiscing about the time he pretty much killed everyone in front of him. Oh the power he felt.