Chapter 9: Trust Me

16 Days Until Y/n's Return Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trigger Warning: Homicide & Suicide (only at the end)

Seven's POV:

A renewed feeling of trust between V and I arose, as I followed him to the basement of Mint Eye. While getting there, I had to be certain no one recognized me to ensure V and I the chance to get MC and Saeran out of this building. V did all the talking that was necessary on the way there, and he even talked his way into getting in the basement.

We walk behind a few of Rika's followers while going down the steps. The bright light that was everywhere in the hallways of Mint Eye dims the farther down we go. After nearly twenty steps and two turns, we reach the basement floor.

I look around and want to shiver at how eerie it feels down here. There are few dim light fixtures that hang on the walls that flicker every couple seconds. The ground is a cold hard concrete that lets everyone know you are coming.

Once the people that we were following go their own ways, I see MC sitting in a chair in the middle of the room, looking as if she will pass out from exhaustion. I get ready to start running toward her, but V grabs my arm. I turn back to him, only to see him looking in MC's direction. I look back to MC.

I watch as Rika, followed by Saeran, walk over to MC with a bright mint liquid in a glass. I recognize the liquid to be what Rika described in her journal that she used to manipulate Saeran. Rika begins to give MC the glass.

"Stop!" I yell out, making Rika bring the glass away from MC. The three of them look at me, including all of Rika's followers.

Now that Rika is away from MC, I shift my attention to Saeran, my twin brother I have not seen in years. I notice his fragile build once he walks in front of MC to keep her from running. From the ingredients Rika wrote that she used in her journal, I realize that it would have had a quick effect on him.

"Get him out of here!" Saeran demands to a man, hatred filling his tone, but it startles the man, making him sit there in fear. I take another look at him and realize his hatred is directed at me, not at anyone else.

I glance over to the man, making sure he does not come over to V and I, when I notice six children behind him. They look no older than five years old, and none of them look conscious.

"Saeran, what are you doing?" I ask and take a few steps toward them, to close the half a room gap between us. V follows me. "Are you hurting these kids? Saeran, that's the same thing our mother did to us."

Saeran looks past the man and watches the kids behind him. He stares at them, as if this were the first time he ever thought of that.

"It's not the same thing. You wouldn't know," Saeran says, but he does not sound as if he truly believes that. He switches the subject. "MC was trying to kill our Savior. I guess that's what you're here to finish."

I stare at him, wondering why he would think that. V whispers from beside me that he heard it was Saeran who hacked into the RFA system and put MC in our system. I assume that he thinks we tricked MC into coming here to hurt Rika because she is no longer part of the organization.

"There is no other reason for her to be in our Savior's room," Saeran finishes. I remember the journal pictures MC uploaded and figure MC got them from Rika's room, as they were the last pictures she took.

"That's not true. MC was looking for reasons to get you to come home," I explain to him, hoping his head is clear enough for reason. "Saeran, she found a journal in there."

I take out my phone and bring up one of Rika's last journal entries about Saeran. I read off exactly what she wrote. I feel tears fall from my eyes, as I read off the part where Rika wrote that she would kill him in the future if he ever disappoints her in any way.

Once I finish reading, I look up from my phone. Rika has a hand over Saeran's shoulder, as he looks at her with disbelief.

"This is crazy. He's lying. Remember what I told you?" Rika says to Saeran. He looks back at me, clearly believing her.

"Saeran, you can go look for yourself," I force myself to stop from crying anymore.

"I would never say that, Saeran," Rika continues, wrapping her arms around Saeran.

From beside me, I hear V playing with his cloak when he throws a book across the floor at Saeran and Rika. I recognize the book to be one of the same ones from the background of MC's pictures of Rika's journal.

"It's about five pages," V explains. I give V a small smile, having no clue he knew of the journal and read it.

Saeran gives V a skeptical look, but he gently pushes Rika away and reaches to the floor to pick up the book. Once he stands back up, he reads from the pages. Rika tries to take the book out of Saeran's hands, but he backs away from her before she can.

Saeran walks away from MC, and Rika follows, giving MC the chance to escape. I nod at her. MC runs to me and jumps into my arms, while Rika tries to get Saeran to believe that V and I are lying. I wrap my arms around MC so tightly that she tells me she cannot breathe. I loosen my grip slightly and apologize to her, saying nothing like this will ever happen to her again.

"You bitch! After everything I've done for you, I get this! Stay away from me!" Saeran yells at Rika, throwing the journal at her.

I jerk my head up to look at Saeran, keeping my arms around MC. I watch as Saeran backs away from Rika. She does not follow him, instead she looks toward her other followers.

"What did I do?" Saeran mutters to himself, holding his head in his hands.

Rika ignores him and pays attention to some of her followers who are quickly leaving. She promises to them that the work is not her's and that she would never write those things about them. She cannot get them to stay though. I watch her start to panic, as she turns to anyone that would listen. When more people start to leave, I watch her desperate expression be replaced by a furious one. She takes one look around. At the people leaving, at V, MC, and I, at Saeran, she looks at us all before she pulls out a handheld gun, one I saw some followers carrying before, and points it at the unconscious kids.

"Rika. No!" V yells, but he is too late to convince her otherwise.

Rika pulls the trigger twice, hitting two of the kids. MC flinches in my arms. Rika then turns the gun on Saeran, who is still in a daze from reality.

Immediately, I release my arms from around MC and start to run toward Saeran, faster than I ever had before. If I ever had a good chance of saving Saeran, this was it.

I get halfway to Saeran, when I hear a large bang. I drop to my knees, as the gunshot went right by my ear, and close my eyes, calling myself too many names to count for failing to save my only brother.

Reluctantly, I lift my head to see the damage done. I see Saeran standing there, frozen, and I close my eyes again until I realize he was standing straight. He was not hunched over, holding the one final wound Rika inflicted on him. I open my eyes and watch as my brother stands and stares in shock to my left.

I look over and see Rika laying there, motionless. Her crimson blood is splattered everywhere with her cloak crumbled underneath of her, as she takes her last breath and closes her eyes. I turn back and watch V standing beside MC with a gun still pointed at Rika. I try to say something, something that would comfort V, but nothing comes out.

I stand up and run over to Saeran. I hug him as tight as I can. To my surprise, he returns the hug. Neither of us say anything.

"Rika, I'm so sorry," I hear V say. "MC, Seven, Saeran. I'm sorry."

Then again, another loud bang echoes throughout the basement of Mint Eye, and four people will never see tomorrow. I hold Saeran tighter with tears in my eyes, knowing what happened. V shot his lover, to save someone he thought of as a son, and himself, to get rid of the guilt of losing his lover.

~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!