Chapter 1: Alone

28 Days Until Y/n's Return Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven's POV:

While typing the last few lines of code to complete my new firewall to protect my work, I lay my head on the side of my desk. My eyes fall closed and my mind wanders off to Y/n.

"Thanks for actually finishing your work today," Vanderwood, my co-worker, says to me, walking in my room from who-knows-where.

"Yeah," is all I reply with.

"See you tomorrow," he declares, walking out. The front door loudly slams seconds later.

I let out a long, overdue sigh, putting my computer on sleep mode, after picking my head up. I log onto the R.F.A. chatroom. Yoosung is the only one on.

———

Yoosung: Hey, Seven!

707: Did you finish your school work for today?

Yoosung: No. Why do you have to mention it?

707: Because you're probably playing LOLOL.

707: No reply? Well don't overdo it.

707: You'll never graduate.

Yoosung: Whatever.

707: Have fun studying!

———

Logging off of the messenger, I gently toss my phone off to the side of my desk. There was no point staying on any longer. Yoosung was playing his game. He would have ignored all of my jokes, not giving me any distractions from Y/n's absence.

It was only a few months ago, but I can still remember the most caring thing Y/n has ever done for me.

I was sitting at my desk, no different from any other day, when I felt overwhelmingly useless. I questioned my work with the agency and all the things I had done for Saeran, my twin brother. I questioned whether or not it was worth it. Whether or not my actions were helping him or not. He was, and still is, out of my grasp. Where he is, I have no clue. The only thing I know is V has him, safe, somewhere.

I started crying that afternoon, one of the rare occasions that I do. I desperately called Y/n and told her everything I was thinking. On that afternoon, she was working on a project that her boss gave her. The deadline was two days after. Y/n raced from her work to my home in a matter of half an hour. She held me, as I confided in her.

Despite her need to work, Y/n stayed with me for the rest of the day. She made me soup and talked with me, making me laugh and forget about the horrible things in life.

Y/n has always been an amazing person toward me. She has never let me down, so I know she will be back with me soon.

I smile, remembering lots of the fun times I had with Y/n and the other members in the past, and walk over to my bed. The last time I got a full night of sleep was a long time ago. If I remember correctly, it was the night my mother left the house to be with some friends of hers. She left Saeran and I to ourselves, so we made plans for what we were going to do when we left our mother's house. None of it happened though, since V, the founder of the R.F.A., suggested we go our own ways to keep safe from our father.

As I reach my bright red bed, I hear my computer make a noise, one I dread each day. I run over to my computer and search for what is happening. When I started working for the agency, I created a program that would alert me by making a noise if anyone was hacking into my stuff. I made a separate noise if something were to be happening to the R.F.A. chatroom. That was the noise that I heard.

I search through my entire system. The chatroom software, the private text message software, everything.

After a few moments, I look into the profiles that I created for each member. The hacker tried to get into that information but failed. I wipe the small sweat beads that began to form on my forehead. V would have been furious with me if whoever this is was able to get private information about our members.

Finally, I shutdown my computer, determining that the only thing the hacker was able to do was get into the main system. This person would have needed passwords to get into anything else, so I decided to put up better firewalls tomorrow, as the noise from my computer stopped.

I let out a small breath of relief and go back to bed, hoping time will fly by and Y/n will be back before I know it.

~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!