Chapter 5: Unexpected Familiar Faces

18 Days Until Y/n's Return Home
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven's POV:

The sun just began to rise, shining a bright orange light into the open windows of Rika's apartment, when I packed all my equipment into my car. MC and I decided on starting our trip to Mint Eye as early as possible in order to get back to the apartment within the day.

After getting out of the city, we drove into a heavily wooded area. The internet connection was spotty but not to the point where the gps shut off.

"The gps says it should be just around the corner," MC tells me. I slow my driving, not wanting anyone part of Mint Eye to hear us coming.

I drive for another minute before I park my car and turn off the engine.

"I can see a part of the building through those trees," MC says, pointing out of the passenger side window. I lean over slightly to look out her window and see the castle-like building that was on my computer screen.

"Okay. Wait here," I tell MC. "It might be dangerous. I'll be back in no more than thirty minutes."

MC nods and pulls out her phone. I get out of the car and carefully walk toward the Mint Eye building.

I creep along the right side of the building and am about to turn the corner before I hear something, almost like a door, open. As quiet as I can, I poke my head out and look around the corner to see what the noise was. I watch as a man with bright blue hair removes part of the building's siding and places it to the side. He then grabs a bag and pulls out a dark long cloak, putting it on himself.

"V?" I say out loud, after the man turns his head enough for me to see the side of his face. He immediately freezes and turns to me. "What the hell are you doing here?"

V puts a finger up to his mouth, motioning for me to lower my voice. I walk toward him.

"V, I found that the person who hacked into the messenger is here. What are you doing here?" I ask again, getting frustrated because he never answered me the first time.

"Be quiet and come in here," V says and gently shoves me into the area of the building he removed. "This is my room, but they can still hear you."

I look around the room, as V patches up the hole in the wall that leads to the outside of the building. There is a bed with a beat-up mattress and worn-out blanket laying on top of it, accompanied by a small wooden nightstand, on one side of the room. On the other side is a wooden desk and a dresser with two drawers. I look back to V, who is pushing a bookcase over the obvious hole in the wall.

"V," I start. V interrupts me.

"Look, Seven. I know this is shocking to you but," V tries to explain, but he stops talking mid sentence.

I look at him, wonder what he did in order to get into an off-the-grid place like this. Shaking the thought, I glance over V's room again and notice some pictures on his desk.

"Are you here to photograph the place?" I ask, walking over to the desk. V says nothing.

I pick up some of the pictures to look at. The first couple are of people, who wear the same cloak that V is, walking around the building. I put them down to look at the next few.

"Are these old photo shoots of Rika?" I say and look at V, who looks at the floor. The next few pictures show Rika in an elaborate cloak talking, almost directing people, then I notice that the people she looks at in the pictures are the same people as the ones in the first few pictures I found. "V, what's going on?"

"It's hard to explain," V answers, but I ask him again. "I lied when I said Rika killed herself. I didn't want any of you to know about this place, so I lied. She isn't doing good things here, but I'm trying to fix it."

"Rika's alive?" I ask, staring at V in shock. V nods and apologizes. I stay silent for a moment before I feel a huge panic set over me. "Didn't she have Saeran with her? Where is he?"

"Here," V replies and goes quiet again. I look through more of the photos and see Rika performing malicious acts, ones that I never thought she would do.

"It's not true," I whisper to myself, continuing to look through pictures of Rika injecting people with some type of bright mint-colored liquid. My heart stops as I reach the last photo. I stare at the picture that has my twin brother, with the same young face I remember before I left, being hurt by Rika. "Take me to him."

I continue staring at the photo while V walks to his dresser, pulling out an identical cloak. He hands it to me after taking away the pictures and putting them in the same drawer of his dresser that he got the cloak from. I put on the cloak.

"Keep your head down," V says, pulling the hood part of the cloak over my head.

I follow V outside the room and into a hallway with much better lighting. I look at the floor to the point where no one would see my face and still see the room in front of me.

We walk past many people with the same cloak on. A couple people notice V and greet him, ignoring me. I notice some people have guns on their waist belts and hold my breath, hoping my brother is okay.

"You can pick your head up now. No one can see you," V says after a couple minutes of walking. I do as he says. "Around the corner."

I poke my head out from the edge of the wall and watch as a man my age with white and pink hair talks to a couple of people only a couple steps away. The man looks nothing like my brother until he turns his head enough for me to see that he is in fact Saeran. He yells at someone for not doing enough work to protect the system and walks around another corner, where I can no longer see him. I turn back to V.

"What's he like?" I ask in disbelief of what I just witnessed. V doesn't answer me. He only shakes his head, speechless. "I can't believe you let this happen."

I sigh and run away from V, following the same path that we took to get here. I race back to V's room, not bothering to worry about the looks I get from the other people in the building.

Once I reach V's room, I move the bookcase away from the wall and remove the piece of the wall V had just moments before. I throw the wall out of the way and get out of the building, back to my car with MC waiting.

Finally, I get back to my car and get inside, startling MC with how sudden I was back.

"Did you get what you-" MC begins to say but stops when a couple tears start to fall down my face. Once I start crying, I realize I cannot stop, no matter what. MC wraps her arms around me and pulls me as close as she can. "It's okay."

Between cries, I manage to tell MC everything. I tell her everything from Rika's supposed death to seeing my brother for the first time in years. She comforts me the entire time of my explanation. She comforts me so much so that for a moment, I believe she is Y/n.

~~~~~~~~
Author's Note:
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed!