THE JOURNEY

"Who could've thought that our University would invest so much money just for an excursion.. which is not even educational but was rather planned for our entertainment and refreshment..!!!", exclaimed Zhan looking outside the window.

His best friend Wang Yibo, who sat beside him in the bus only nodded and chuckled.
He turned back to the other boy when he heard his chuckle.

"Hey Yibo.. what's going on in that little head of yours.. huh?! I can't believe it's only me who's speaking from the beginning..", asked Zhan irritatedly.

Xiao Zhan, the second year student of the Beijing University, felt surprised and irritated at the same time at his best friend's strange behaviour. Yibo was naturally more talkative than what Zhan was.. but today he did not speak at all since their journey started. He seemed rather lost in his thoughts. No, not in a sad way.. but it felt something mischievous to him.. as Zhan had noticed him grinning from time to time. His Bestu must be planning something fun and mysterious, he thought. But still.. Zhan could not accept the fact he was being ignored by his Yibo. He was feeling frustrated when the other responded to his blabbering only once in a while.

"Are you even gonna reply to me ?? I think it would be better if I stayed back at home.. because you are clearly ignoring me today." Zhan said making an angry face when his Bestu still did not answer him.

"You are right.. this is the first time our University is spending this much for our fun.. seems like the Council is really working well.. and rightly knows what the students need." Yibo replied smiling.

"What's wrong with you today? I can see you are in a daze and you keep smiling all the time. Are you planning some mischief again? Who's the target.. huh?? Don't tell me its me this time.." Zhan said ignoring what Yibo said, but was cut off by the latter at once.

"No.. no.. I'm not planning anything. There's no target. I won't do anything." Yibo said.

"Then what about your this strange smile?", asked Zhan

"Am just happy Zhan.." Yibo smiled again, this time brighter than before.

Zhan felt something inside his chest.. but he just shrugged it off and enquired again.

"Then why are you so silent today? Did you lose your voice??" He asked rolling his eyes.

Yibo, who till now was gazing at his best friend, moved his eyes to the sight outside the window behind the other man and answered looking at particularly nowhere.

"I'm enjoying something very much !", he said.

Zhan followed his Yibo's gaze and asked,
"Bo, are you enjoying the sight so much that you are left dumbstruck now ?!"

Yibo nodded in reply as he stared back into Zhan's fair face.

Zhan laughed a bit and then stopped.
"You really act like a kid sometimes.." and further said as he looked back at the window and engrossed himself in the beauty of nature. "Well.. the view is indeed beautiful !" He smiled.

Yibo felt at loss of words when he saw Zhan's angelic smile. He managed to spurt out something not aware of what he is saying as he was still in a daze.. and finally said, "Y..ye..yeah.. the view right in front of me seems to be one of the most beautiful views I've ever seen.."