chapter 03: Demon's horse

Start from the beginning

"Rekal." I whisper, the little peace I felt is long gone when the big castle comes into view and I begin to pull Rekal back away from the castle. "I don't want to go back there!"

The Tydeon pauses as my back face the castle view, "Why don't you wish to return to your mate?" He frowns at me and I begin to shake my head.

"He isn't my mate! There's no way a demon, a monster, a creature that barbaric is m—"

"What other names do you have for me?" I freeze at his voice, it's deep and rich with a tinge of darkness in them.

I begin to tremble a bit, "How barbaric is my kind?" He demands and I still don't turn to him, Rekal slightly bows at me and instantly I feel betrayed.

So much for a guardian angel.

"Answer me Aurora!" I turn to face him and when he moves closer to me I lean into Rekal for protection, dark iris appears in his eyes as he stares at the Tydeon behind me that has his hand holding mine. "Leave." I send a pleading look to him but he only replies with a slight squeeze before leaving.

I don't have time to curse at the Tydeon for betraying me because Xanthus is dragging me into his dark castle.

"Let me go!" I scream as I'm pulled into the castle, he is still holding me, his grip tightens the more he holds me and I begin to pry off his fingers.

Xanthus snaps his dark iris at me before letting me go, a clap of thunder makes me jump and I look out the window to see dark clouds appearing in the sky. The weather here seems to align with his emotions and it's frightening.

He is a king for a reason after all.

He shuts his eyes as if to calm his anger and I decide to take my chance to run before he opens his eyes. "Don't even think about it." He says without opening his eyes.

"I want to go back home!" I say to him and he snaps his eyes open stalking me.

"You will never leave here Aurora—this world, this is your home now!" He replies, his voice is calm as if speaking to a child and I shake a bit both in anger and fear.

"That's not going to happen! I have a family, I have a life in the human realm, people that care about me will search for me and so help you when they came to my rescue!" I scream and he moves closer making me back up to the wall.

Xanthus lets out a sadistic laugh his gold hair bouncing at the same time as he says, "Your family the life you once knew in the human realm is all a lie—a facade, you don't belong there. You belong here in Dapphion with me as my mate and queen! If you believe for a second that your family will come here to take you away then you're more stupid than I thought." But by the time he is done I already have tears rolling down my cheeks. "AVI!"

A chubby maid rushes in wearing a black and white uniform, her brown hair is pulled back in a neat bun and her head is bowed. "Show her to her quarters only let her out on my command!" He says the last part staring directly into my eyes.

"I am not your prisoner Xanthus—"

"Don't start this again, I am this close to lashing out at you!" I follow the maid silently.

"I don't understand why the lord is giving a mere human a place to stay." She grumbles under her breath as we go up the stairs, I notice a dining area her words catches my attention.

"Aren't you human?" She presses her lips together before she pushes the room door and pulls me in.

The room is large with a big-sized bed in the middle, there's a dresser and a door leading to a closet—I can tell by the white opened door, there's another door which I guess leads to the bathroom. The walls are painted in a deep blue and gold, and I appreciate the gold brown curtains.