THIRTY-NINE: carl grimes is a pervert

Start from the beginning

"oh please. the day i go back to school is the day hell will freeze over. i want a job. i need to do something with myself" my tone slowly grows more and more desperate so by the end i was practically begging for a job.

she shakes her head, "fine, i'll think about it. come back tomorrow and we'll talk but for today please try to be a normal kid"

this wasn't what i wanted but it was close enough. "fine" i settle.

"are you ready?" carl asks, his hand resting softly on the doorknob of the giant house. this neighborhood was filled with suburban mansions but this one was the most glamorous you were going to get here, which isn't much.

"carl, open the fucking door please" i smirk.

carl lets out a small chuckle with a quick roll of his eyes. he finally turns the doorknob and backs into the door, opening it up to reveal the inside of the home. i slowly walk in, my boots making a a clacking noise on the hardwood floors. i turn in a circle to take everything in but it was too much to process. the house was so neatly decorated, like deanna's, but it has slightly more color from what i could tell.

"this is so cool" claire gawks. her eyes are huge as she looks around which is what i'm sure i look like.

"you haven't even seen the best part" carl smiles, "follow me" he starts off down the hallway and i glance back at claire. she gives me a nudge with her eyes so i follow him. we make our way up a staircase that looped up to a clean white upstairs hallway. it's lined with various paintings in the spaces between the 4 white doors. carl opens one of the doors to reveal a room that seemed strangely fit for a teenage boy. he suddenly stops in front of another white door and immediately i know what it is. he slowly opens the door to reveal a bathroom.

"holy shit" i declare, "is there running water?"

carl smiles brightly, "yeah there is"

i feel the need to jump around in excitement; a fucking shower, running water, a working toilet. it was just too much to handle. i lung forward and wrap my arms around carl's neck. we both sway together from my momentum before i pull away. i plant a kiss on his lips before walking into the bathroom. i hear claire squeal from outside the room before running in as well. we both gawk at the cleanly tile bathroom. "i was thinking you all could have the first showers" i hear carl say. i turn around to see him leaning against the doorway to the bathroom, the biggest smile ever written on his lips, "there's another one down the hall for claire"

"really?" she squeals.

he nods his head, "down the hall on the left. there's a towel already in there for you"

claire rushes forward to embrace him, her arms wrapping around his waist. "thank you so much carl." she lets go but before running off she turns around to give me a wink. i shoot her a glare which i doubt she saw.

"alright here's a towel" carl chirps, he pats the white towel neatly folded on the countertop.

i shake my head "no i can't. you deserve it more"

i watch as carl's smiles softens. he walks forward and places a hand on my shoulder. he nudges me slightly to turn and face the big mirror behind the sink. when i lock eyes with the person in the reflection, i don't recognize her. there is dirt stains covering the majority of my tan face along with the occasional blood drops. i scan my face, taking in every detail before moving to my hair. i bring my hand up to it and slowly run my finger through unsuccessfully. it kept getting caught in the ratty mess of a ponytail caked with dirt and grime. "trust me, you need it more than i do" carl whispers into my ear.