39

Chapter 39:
STRANGE THING

Taylor Swift looked at her phone screen. There are no signs of incoming messages or calls there. From someone she always hoped for. From someone who's able to make her life much happier just because of his message. From someone who is very difficult to tie down.

It has been almost a week since Taylor last heard from the top actor, Harry Styles.

"Taylor."

The voice made Taylor look up and found Selena's worried look at her. Taylor frowned, not understanding why Selena was giving her a worried look.

"What's wrong, Sel?"

Selena pointed to a plate of spaghetti that Taylor hadn't even touched since the beginning, when Selena had finished her lunch. Selena invited Taylor to eat outside, in a French restaurant not far from the hospital.

Taylor finally understood and ch chuckled, before she started to reach for her fork and said, "Sorry. I forgot. I'm thinking too much earlier." The blonde girl said before starting to eat her lunch. Selena sighed and folded her arms on the table.

"You've been spacing out a lot lately. You must be thinking about something. You're keeping something from me."

Finished eating her first bite, Taylor looked at Selena. "I'm fine. Just a little tired. Maybe I should take a day off and get some rest."

Again, Selena sighed. "You know you're not good at lying?"

Hearing that statement, Taylor closed her eyes and lowered her head. The girl stared lazily at her favorite lunch, which wasn't too appealing for her at this time before returning to look at Selena with a faint smile on her lips. But not a single word came out of her lips.

The brunette girl sitting opposite of Taylor continued to stare at her with intimidation. "You know you can tell me everything and anything. You can trust me. I'll keep your secret."

Taylor nodded. "I believe in you, Sel. Only this time. . . I'm confused. I just need time alone to overcome my confusion."

"About Zayn and Harry?" Selena furrowed her brows and Taylor looked surprised to hear Selena mention the two men's names.

Taylor took a deep breath and let out a slow breath. "Zayn asked me to come to his house, check on Olivia's condition today. I'll leave after eating. I've already informed the chairman."

There was no meaningful response coming from Selena's mouth. The brunette girl was silent as she reached for her glass of water message and gulped down the remaining half of the drink before looking back at Taylor.

Selena nodded her head. "Alright, I really understand."

"I'll tell you everything, after I overcome all my confusion and clear my mind. I promise."

━━

Liam Payne furrowed his brows to find the arrival of someone who was very unlikely to come, again. The twenty-nine year old doctor folded his arms in front of his chest, watching someone who appeared to be in a call with someone else in front of him.

"I'll call you later, I promise. I'm busy at the moment. See you soon!"

Liam frowned as the person ended the call in annoyance and put his phone back on the table with a loud sigh before staring at Liam while saying, "Will this person ever let me relax for a bit? I feel like I want to kick his arse into hell, you know? "

Harry Styles, the man who is now sitting on the patient's chair facing Liam's work chair. Liam doesn't understand what Harry wants and why suddenly this twenty-eight year old actor came into his office room while making a call with God knows who.