26

Chapter 26:
VOMIT

Just finished lunch. So far she has been fine.

Taylor sighed before sending the message to the famous singer, Zayn Malik. Taylor doesn't understand, why her life is being strange lately. One year ago, she met a famous actor, Harry Styles, who was her patient. Now, she has a patient who is the daughter of Zayn Malik.

"Doctor Swift."

Taylor snapped out from her reverie when she heard the soft voice. Even though she wasn't in a good mood, how could Taylor ignore a naive, innocent little girl who is having an illness she shouldn't have.

Taylor pulled her chair closer, her blue eyes staring into the blue eyes of this beautiful little girl named Olivia. A smile appeared on Taylor's lips, as much as possible she did not bring sadness on her face. The face of the little girl was very pale, Taylor could not bear to see it.

"Is there something you want, Olivia?"

Olivia shook her head weakly. "My head hurts, but I'm strong. Not as painful as yesterday."

Taylor's heart sank when she saw the girl smiled weakly. Taylor did not understand why all of this could happen. Why did this innocent little girl have to experience something terrible like this? Why does she have to get sick when other little girls are out there busy playing?

The laboratory results that came out last night showed that this girl has brain aneurysm and Taylor would have another operation in three days. Taylor swears, if she fails, she really will not forgive herself.

"You'll get well soon." Taylor said quietly, trying to convince Olivia.

Olivia nodded. "Of course. Daddy said, I will recover and Doctor Swift will help me get well, right?"

Taylor smiled and nodded. The doctor's hand moved, stroking Olivia's head. That said, Olivia was Taylor's first child patient who had a brain aneurysm. Taylor has treated many patients, but most of them are adults and most frequently smokers. While Olivia is actually a child and she's still innocent. Taylor was still unsure whether she would take full responsibility for Olivia's operation or not.

"What if you rest? You haven't slept since your Daddy left. Later, when he comes, you can get back up. The important thing is that, you've had lunch and taken your medicine."

Olivia pursed her lips. "I'm not sleepy, doctor and I'm a pretty strong child. So, I'll be fine without having to rest."

Taylor shook her head. "Whether you want to be strong or not, you still need to rest. Do you want to sleep alone or should I give you an injection?" Taylor's threat made Olivia hurriedly shake her head.

"I will sleep alone, but usually before going to sleep, Daddy will sing for me, until I fall asleep."

Taylor rolled her eyes. "Your daddy is a singer, singing is definitely something he can do. I'm a doctor and I can't sing. But I can inject a sleeping medicine so you sleep."

Hearing Taylor's threat again, Olivia hurriedly pulled the blanket over her face and said, "I thought you were a good doctor. You're the same just like everyone else. I hate getting injected!"

Taylor chuckled in amusement at Olivia's words. "Now, go get some rest, Olivia."

━━

"You look like you're in a bad state. You're even more quiet than usual. Are you all right, Zayn?"

Zayn Malik sighed and forced a smile at his manager, Bratt, who had just asked questions that would be asked at the talkshow later where Zayn will be the guest star, along with one of the beautiful actresses who had just released her umpteenth box office film, Cara Delevingne.