32

Chapter 32:
THE DAY

Taylor closed her eyes before opening them again and staring at them one by one, the team stared back at her and nodded their heads. The clock showed it was eight o'clock and it was time.

Quickly, Taylor put on a mask, gloves and other safety items before approaching the bed where Olivia lay, closing her eyes. Her current teammates seemed to follow along, they stood around Olivia's bed.

Taylor looked at Olivia's innocent face, which was very pale. Taylor didn't meet her all day yesterday and asked doctor Evelyn to replace her. Taylor really missed this little girl and now, Olivia's life was right in her hands.

The doctor closed her eyes for a moment and Zayn's words last night appeared in her mind.

"You have to save Olivia. She's my daughter, I really don't know what I'll do if I lose her. I've already I lost Olivia's biological mother, I don't want to lose Olivia too."

Taylor's breath hitchef as she opened her eyes. All eyes were on her, looking ready for orders and Taylor began to breathe before saying with a faint smile under the mask she was wearing. "This is my first operation, I have researched every book about brain aneurysms in the library. I have also consulted with other senior doctors. For today, I ask for your cooperation to succeed this operation."

Taylor's team members nodded quickly and again, Zayn's voice reappeared in Taylor's mind.

"I trust you. You will definitely save Olivia. I really believe in you."

Taylor shook her head when Zayn's voice reappeared in her mind before focusing with a scalpel and medical scissors in her hand. The girl steadied her breathing again and said confidently.

"The operation begins."

━━

Zayn Malik sat in the waiting chair right in front of the operating room with trembling feet, his eyes closed and he joined his fingers while saying, "God please save Olivia. Let her stay by my side."

Zayn's manager, Bratt, who had just arrived a few minutes ago, did nothing but sit beside Zayn. His heart was pounding too. Thinking about all kinds of possibilities that will happen.

Bratt glanced at Zayn and an old memory began to emerge in his mind. Exactly a few months after the mother of Olivia was declared dead. At that time, his status was still a good friend of the unknown Zayn Malik.

"I don't know if I can live without Olivia or not. I'm so screwed up, Bratt. Don't you realize that? I can't hold on any longer." Zayn closed his swollen and marsupial eyes.

His face was very pale and Bratt did not know how much weight he had lost from his body.

"Zayn, have you forgotten that you have a daughter with Olivia? Oh, of course. You haven't even looked at your own daughter yet. Today, she turns one month old."

Zayn shook his head. "You're wrong. I've seen it and I really want to die, Bratt. The baby. . . her eyes really remind me of my beautiful memories with Olivia. I can't be like this. I can't bear to remember everything."

"Bratt."

The memory in Bratt's mind was broken when he heard the voice. The mid-30-year-old man turned his head and found Zayn staring at him with watery eyes, his eye bags quite visible.

"Did I mistrust the doctor to save Olivia?"

Zayn suddenly asked and Bratt was silent. Bratt lowered his head and closed his eyes.