Chapter Thirteen

A/N hhh my brain hurts. Reviews/comments would be nice but of course you don't have to, I just wanna know what everyone's thinking, Wattpad or Fanfiction.net, you are all great.

So far I have up to chapter 95 planned out, but I haven't updated in a bit because of some nasty real life stuff. However, I'll keep updating as I am working on an actual schedule, any recommendations as to when?

This chapter is a bit longer than normal I guess? A/N over.

"China," Russia finally spoke up, briefly pausing to take a sip of the tea that his companion had just placed in front of him, "I'm very sorry if I..." he internally made a face, tea had never been his favorite. Noticing the awkward pause and wondering what he could do with it, the Russian man stopped as if forgetting what to say, turning his head downward and staring at the floorboards near his feet.

He tried again after a beat, "I'm sorry if I..." again he trailed off, sneaking a peek at the other nation who was staring intently at him, as if waiting for a sincere and real apology.

"I'm sorry," Russia hurriedly managed, bowing his head in a respectful manner, "I don't know how else to put it."

China bitterly spun his cup of tea between his hands, a sour expression on his face. He grunted in acknowledgement and Russia sighed, frowning worriedly towards the smaller man, "you are acting strange Yao..."

When China looked up at him with a frown pasted on his face, Russia continued quickly, "I mean, you are acting strange for you."

Sighing, the Asian man adjusted his sitting position, cracking his neck in either direction before responding, "I can't tell if that is an insult or not aru."

Russia smirked to himself, "Perhaps it is, perhaps it is not."

Quietly snorting in amusement, the smaller country smiled before catching himself and sitting up straighter again, yet again tightening his mouth into a stiff line, "Sorry." He muttered, sounding partially embarrassed.

" 'Sorry' ?" Russia asked, mystified by this new take on the expression of emotion. He saw laughter as a tool as well as a declaration of amusement, but most definitely not something to apologize for.

When no response came, or even any sign that the other personification had heard him, Russia's mouth twisted into a bemused smile, "I'm not sure why you are sorry, it has been a while since I've seen you laugh,"

China tilted his head to the right, still looking down at the cup that he held between his hands. Russia's smile broadened as he continued in his statement, "...though the reason for my missing out might be only because of who I am."

At this, the older man smiled and lifted his hand to his mouth, trying to hide his amusement from his ally. His shoulders shook gently as he scrunched his eyes shut, his expression only visible through a crack between his fingers.

"Look, see?" Russia exclaimed, gesturing over to his ally, "You are doing it again!" China turned away further but Russia tilted his upper body, laughing himself at the ridiculousness of the situation, "I can still see you, you aren't hiding anything!"

China exhaled in one loud puff, trying and failing to turn it into a cough as Russia continued on about his pathetic excuse at a poker face.

"You really aren't good at staying serious all the time are you?" Russia stated, an amused and astonished grin stretching across his face, "In all honesty this is kind of sad to watch!"

Unable to contain it any longer China tilted his head back, letting out a high pitched cackle and giving in to his sense of humor. Watching him laugh, Russia also chuckled, which China, of course, found hilarious in his current hysterical state.