Part Eighteen: Hurdle

Start from the beginning

The betrayal! Rico thought, before looking up to meet Ring's eyes. "Ian in the mood man. If I ain't pick your calls it's because I don't wanna talk to you."

Ring was angry, but because it's Ric he tried his hardest to control himself. "Care to explain why?"

Rico got up and dumped his plate of untouched food into the sink and started to walk away. But Ring held his hand and dragged him back forcefully, spinning Rico around to face him. Their chest were close together now, and Ring circled his hand tightly around Rico's waist and kissed him.

Rico's eyes fluttered close as he fell into the kiss. His knees turned to jelly, and all the anxiety and restlessness he was feeling seeped out of his body. They stood there with their hands draped around each other and licking into each other's mouths for a long time, before Rico pulled away and stepped back.

"Look, I tried like you wanted but I ain't into níggas, I'm good with my girl." Rico said.

"Yeah? That why you're hard as fuck right now? See what just happened right there? You felt that shit. Don't insult my intelligence."

Rico shoved his hands in his pockets adamantly. "I don't know what you talking bout, i just realized I wasn't feeling you like that after all."

"Bullshit! Try again."

Rico sighed. He should've known Ring knew him well enough to know when he was lying through his teeth. He didn't know what to do, he wanted to tell him the truth but he just couldn't.

Ring closed the distance between them again and took Rico's face in his hand. "I never felt this way about anybody in my life before, and this emotion shit is hard for me. But I'm right here trying anyway, because it's like I said...I want you, on some serious shit. I'm not playing about you man, so whatever the fuck this backtracking is about, you better start talking."

Rico let out a deep exasperated breath. "Savannah is pregnant."

"So?"

"What do you mean so?"

"So what if she's pregnant? What's that got to do with anything?"

Rico groaned, Ring was making things more difficult that it needed to be. He knew he couldn't be with Ring though, and he was about to tell him why.

"I can't be with you Papi." He said and looked away sadly. "She threatened to abort my baby if i leave her. My moms tried to get rid of me so many times, you know that story...can't let shorty do that to my kid."

"So you'd rather stay in a fucked up situation and be unhappy? Fuck that! We'll find a way to make sure she doesn't."

"There's no other way, she meant every word."

Ring's normally raspy voice softened. "I'm not gonna let you get trapped in a situation you don't wanna be in. Let me talk to my ma, she can try to reason with your baby moms, she deals with stuff like that all the time."

Rico took a few more steps back, until he was out of Ring's reach. "I think you should go man, I've made up my mind." He said.

"You serious?" When Rico didn't answer ring straightened up. "Aight bet." He said and started to walk out. He was hurt but he wasn't going to force Rico to be with him.

Rico stood and watched Ring leave, with every agonizing step the male took away from him Rico's heart thumped loudly in his chest. He hadn't shed a tear since he was nine years old, but as ring walked away he felt a few tears drip down his chin.

Almost like his mouth was working on its own accord he spoke the first thing that entered his mind. "Papi." Rico heard how childlike his own voice sounded and cringed, but Ring stopped immediately.

Ring turned and took one look at Rico and practically flew across the room back to him. He took the male in his arms, hugging him close.

Ring pulled back a little and met Rico's gaze, then kissed his boy's tears away. "Come on, let's go home. You look like you could use some food in you, I'll cook." Ring said and kissed Rico again.

Rico nodded and followed him out.
__________________________

A/N
Look out for -ArdenT DesirE- y'all (My werewolf hood story) an intro chapter should be out sometime this week... but knowing me that could be tomorrow, or in thirty minutes lmao.
I know I said it was gon be a oneshot, but I started writing it and before I knew what was happening ten chapters were already written, so that ain't no oneshot material no more. I just gotta choose the perfect face claim and it's up.